Custom skins - A new take on the subject.

Evening all,

Custom skins is a huge feature for me and I love Sims that give us the chance to create our own skins.

I was wondering if r3e might have a different take on this subject now F1 2019 is offering up a solution.

Keen to hear your thoughts.

Thanks,
Vern

Didn't J-F mention in the past that even our own names being displayed was a no go because of how the textures were implemented, something along those lines, defo not holding my breath for this one.
Kinda makes RR unique and it's not as though your artistic talents can't be displayed in a handful of other titles, I must also admit I do like the consistency of content RR provides with its liveries, plus with all cars being bought up to date with the latest physics free of charge. :thumbsup: Would be nice if maybe a few of the series got a splattering of new liveries to freshen some of them up, someone, somewhere must have driven an Opel in something other than the yellow/black/white one we have now. With all (well some) of the new cars getting multiple liveries from multiple series, maybe doing this to some existing groups would make a good compromise, jeez I'm sick to death of that word........................:sleep:

As well as anything else, RR charge for skins. Allowing custom skins would allow people to buy just one and then use customs for the rest of the field. While a single skin doesn't cost all that much, add hundreds of skins being sold to thousands of users, and that's a lot of money overall.

As well as anything else, RR charge for skins. Allowing custom skins would allow people to buy just one and then use customs for the rest of the field. While a single skin doesn't cost all that much, add hundreds of skins being sold to thousands of users, and that's a lot of money overall.
I see your point but this would be quite easy to negate, just charge per skin you upload. Or have a max of 1 slot per car.

Either way I get the message, it ain't happening.

Allowing custom skins would allow people to buy just one and then use customs for the rest of the field.

I like Raceroom sales model, because I can buy cars per class with licensed real skins. It's cheap and I have the whole package in the game, so just start the race and no annoying modding. On the other hand, unlicensed models (f1 for example) could be opened for skins mods.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 340 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 467 38.9%