Custom shaders patch sunlight way too bright

Hi there,

I installed Custom shaders patch via Content Manager, but when it is active, the sun rays are extremely bright. See examples below:

2020-07-16 21_54_54-Start.png

2020-07-16 21_55_21-Start.png

It is not possible to race this way, because I simply can't see where I'm going.

Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

I already tried lowering the ingame brightness by pressing Pagedown (eventually I have negative brightness selected), but this doesn't solve the issue really, it makes the darker spots only darker, the light still is too intense.
I also tried lowering the Lightning FX brightness, but this doesn't help either.

• Deleted member 197115

Most likely you want to adjust sun_dazzle effect, page 7

Check your PP filter lua file, if there are settings for dazzle there, they have precedence over settings in SOL_Config, so you need to edit the file.

Hmm, I found the issue. I was following the manual to install SOL, but only installed the custom shaders patch. The manual only points to a download link of the CSP (which I thought was SOL), I missed that I needed to download SOL from the topic @ racedepartment.
Excuse me for the confusion I might have caused ;)

Hmm, I found the issue. I was following the manual to install SOL, but only installed the custom shaders patch. The manual only points to a download link of the CSP (which I thought was SOL), I missed that I needed to download SOL from the topic @ racedepartment.

I did the exact same thing and this explained it for me, thanks for the confusion you caused! lol

Ok so this is what I need as well. Thank you

I recently noticed the same blinding effect (with CSP but no SOL), I think it has something to do with either the Weather FX or Lighting FX settings.
Turning off sunrays in the AC video menu got rid of it.
I had heavy sunrays shining into my face at night, driving on the ring :D, I like the effect during the day (although it is maybe a tad exaggerated), but it seems you better turn it off when driving at night as it doesn't seem to disable automatically. Or maybe I overlooked something?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 116 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 302 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 431 39.7%