Custom Shaders Patch freezing and crashing on the server

Hello, I have my own server, past 2, 3 weeks everything was perfect but since 8 of June (3 days ago) game start crashing. I'm using content manager, last version, custom shaders patch, before I used 0.1.78-pre. After realizing 0.1.78 I started using 0.1.79-pre. On the server, after 5, 10, 60 secs or few mins game freezes for 1 sec (like it try to load something) and I get message (screen) "unfortunately, Assetto Corsa has crashed". I have this problem with all of the csp versions now. I thought that it maybe problem with my own server, I tested on other servers and I have the same problem. I reinstalled assetto corsa, content manager, csp, deleted all the settings, tried to deactivate some/all csp extensions, changed graphics settings but nothing works :( I hope that someone can help me, thank you!

P.s. Video how it looks like:

Attachments

• acs_RtNlw7I3bG.png
    acs_RtNlw7I3bG.png
    13.2 KB · Views: 1,391
  • Deleted member 1066209

When you say you've tried deactivating all CSP extensions, does that include deactivating CSP itself?

And does this occur on any other games, or only with AC?

[edit]: I forgot to mention that your video was very helpful in describing the issue, so thank you. Also, does the issue show up in single-player/offline mode?

Last edited by a moderator:
When you say you've tried deactivating all CSP extensions, does that include deactivating CSP itself?

And does this occur on any other games, or only with AC?
Thank you very much for the reply. If I delete patch from Settings -> CSP, and try to join every server I get a message: "Server auth failed, please update content manager to v0.8.2329.38887 (screen 1), but my CM version is 0.8.2329.39063 (screen 2).

About over games, I play GTA V rage sometimes and don't have any problems.

About single player mod, I didn't tested it because I don't play it anymore, only in multiplayer)

P.S. I tryed to roll back my windows, that didn't help me either.

Attachments

• acs_zsp6X6zyTz.png
    acs_zsp6X6zyTz.png
    16.3 KB · Views: 463
  • Content_Manager_XVDIoKHdWV.png
    Content_Manager_XVDIoKHdWV.png
    57.7 KB · Views: 437
Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1066209

Thank you very much for the reply. If I delete patch from Settings -> CSP, and try to join every server I get a message: "Server auth failed, please update content manager to v0.8.2329.38887 (screen 1), but my CM version is 0.8.2329.39063 (screen 2).
Unfortunately, I've never encountered such an error and cannot help you out there. I suppose you could try to reinstall CM, but I suppose it's unlikely to fix it since you're able to connect to the server when CSP is installed. Sorry.

Does Content Manager ever tell you that "your GPU might be overclocked too much or overheated"? I usually get that message after CSP crashes.

Thank you very much for all of your help, I'll try to install windows from my save point again, and update nvidia drivers, maybe this will finally help me, good luck

And no, I don't have CPU overheated somehow.

Hi SfsFxv! Im having kinda the same problem, have you found a fix yet? Thanks!
Hello, 1 thing helped me (I think). So, open content manager -> settings -> content manager -> replays and change quality from ultra (67hz) to high (33 hz). My problem was in this bad boy, good luck :)

Unfortunately, I've never encountered such an error and cannot help you out there. I suppose you could try to reinstall CM, but I suppose it's unlikely to fix it since you're able to connect to the server when CSP is installed. Sorry.

Does Content Manager ever tell you that "your GPU might be overclocked too much or overheated"? I usually get that message after CSP crashes.
I get this message, is there a fix for this?

I underclocked my gpu to counteract this but it didn't help. So far the only CSP version that my game doesn't crash on is 1.6.0

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1066209

I get this message, is there a fix for this?

I underclocked my gpu to counteract this but it didn't help. So far the only CSP version that my game doesn't crash on is 1.6.0
I use CSP v1.74, but haven't tried any other versions to determine whether those will fix the problem

Do you use an Nvidia graphics card?

If so, do the following after you get another crash:

Go to your "Event Viewer" Windows program.
Then go to "Windows Logs > System"

Check the immediate, recent events, and look for something along the lines of "nvidia display driver" with Event ID 13.

If you have that, then I think the fix is to disable Windows Update. I'm unable to explain with complete clarity, because I'm quite tech-illiterate, but the gist of the situation is that Windows Update tries to install or update your graphics driver, which causes issues for your game.

You can disable Windows Update by doing this:

Go to the program "Services" (you can search for this, too).
Go down the list until you find the "Windows Update" service, and right click on it to select "Properties".
Stop the service (if it's running) and select "Disabled" in the "Startup type" dropdown box.

Beware that Windows ALWAYS finds a way to re-enable your Windows Update service. I've been unsuccessful at permanently disabling that service, so I've pinned the "Services" app to my toolbar so that I can check whether it's disabled before racing. When Windows does re-enable the service by itself, the error eventually returns.

I cannot say with complete certainty that this will fix your issue, but it has worked very well for me. At the very least, I hope that you will learn to use the Event Viewer program so that you can identify the root issue. Try taking a look, even if you have an AMD card.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back