Custom Shaders Patch debug app Advanced

Apps Custom Shaders Patch debug app Advanced v1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Please Stop This submitted a new resource:

Custom Shaders Patch debug app Advanced - generate "overlays.ini" for TimeAttack mode and more for track makers

Install:
Unpack archive to AC root.

I made my own version of one of the "Custom Shaders Patch" apps (available here: https://github.com/ac-custom-shaders-patch/acc-extension-apps). Its the debug app and atm it replaces the original in "assettocorsa\apps\python\AccExtHelper" completely, as it has the same base. To work properly you obviously have to install "Custom Shaders Patch" (https://acstuff.ru/patch/). Only the FPS counter would work without it.

Activate here:...

Read more about this resource...

Please Stop This updated Custom Shaders Patch debug app Advanced with a new update entry:

v0.8: added "Reset" car button and keyboard-shortcuts

Update 0.8:
- added "Reset Car" button, resets car to (not really) the nearest point of track without going back to the pits
- added keyboard shortcuts for "Reset Car" and "Step back" buttons
- "Reset car" and "Step back" button should work in "Practice" and "Hotlap" mode
- though when used in "Hotlap" mode, you laptime gets invalidated immediately
- if you want to assign a wheel button to the app, use JoyToKey https://joytokey.net/en/download
for mapping an existing shortcut to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Please Stop This updated Custom Shaders Patch debug app Advanced with a new update entry:

-fixed generating "cameras.ini", does not use same camera for first and last anymore
not: generated cameras(_x).ini are somewhat generic, you need to edit them to get good results
-added flatspot/blister/grain info for all tyres (before it was only rear left one displayed ;) )
-added small button "v"/"^" to toggle some of the details
-added "c" button next to "Copy" button, which only copies "POSITION=x,y,z" into clipboard like original app

View attachment 378141

Read the rest of this update entry...

Sorry if I’m missing something, but for me step back and reset car seem to do the same thing. Whenever I press either of them I get put back to the nearest point on track. Do I need to do anything to get step back working?

Many thanks
Dan

Sorry if I’m missing something, but for me step back and reset car seem to do the same thing. Whenever I press either of them I get put back to the nearest point on track. Do I need to do anything to get step back working?
Yes, i sometimes get the same, idk why, maybe it has to do with already completed laps or something. Its not worlking at all for tracks with no ail line. Sorry for late reply.

@HansDG i hope your anger to the update was only a miss-click...
1597904730693.png

Hey, awesome tool I've been using lately to make some quick and finetuned cams for the tracks I love. I do have a problem when I want to create a static cam. It's pretty much always upside down or something crazy like that. In the app window there is the cam-xyz coordinates for camera position in space, then the cam-dir coordinates which would be the FORWARD coordinates in the cameras.ini, but the UP coordinate display is missing in the Shaders patch debug app window to be able to make a precise static cam. Can you add that UP coordinate to be displayed too?

v0.97 - 30 dec 2020

-hopefully fixed the up/forward thing

Hm, it still won't put the cameras in the right place if I want to change them to fixed cameras (manually change the IS_FIXED from 0 to 1 in the camera file). The cameras usually end up beneath the track staring at the void circle. Something is messed up there with the coordinates. Looks like they're inverted or something.

Only way to make a fixed cameras set is to take the camera xyz position coordinates and both those FORWARD and UP coordinates shown in the app. Then, enter them all manually into the camera file, but also manually make changes to the UP coordinates. From, for example, "-0.09991" number in the coordinate I needed to delete the "-" and make it a positive number, and vice versa, for a positive number in the coordinate I put a "-" sign in front of the number. That worked.

just figured out that in "cameras.ini" you have to write
Code:
POSITION=bla....

and not with spaces, thats somehow breaking it all.

Code:
POSITION = bla....

But also the UP and FORWARD values were wrong in 0.97, will post an update soon.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 379 39.6%