Custom shaders mod not looking too good...

Hey all, I've been using the Custom shaders mod for a while now, but it looks not as good as I was hoping. The visuals that I'm experiencing looks nowhere as good as showcased in their images, videos etc. I've got a pretty good pc so I could improve pretty much everything. Can you give me some settings that may improve how the game looks?

Hard to say what to improve since you are not saying what is wrong. Try being a bit less vague maybe? Post screenshots even? Maybe even some rudimentary information, like what resolution and settings you are using, and what are the specs of this "pretty good pc".

Hey all, I've been using the Custom shaders mod for a while now, but it looks not as good as I was hoping. The visuals that I'm experiencing looks nowhere as good as showcased in their images, videos etc. I've got a pretty good pc so I could improve pretty much everything. Can you give me some settings that may improve how the game looks?

Do you use SOL ? ppfilters?, do you have enabled all the possible options @csp ? For example ExtraFX gives better visuals. Did you download and install the config files for the tracks you are driving on?

Did you experiment with weather/time constilations? For example driving about 17-18h looks best when the sun is going down ingame....

Hard to say what to improve since you are not saying what is wrong. Try being a bit less vague maybe? Post screenshots even? Maybe even some rudimentary information, like what resolution and settings you are using, and what are the specs of this "pretty good pc".
For the first thing, I don't know much about visuals and all of that, all that I can say that it looks too bright. My res is 2560 x 1440 with 165 hz and an intel i9 and a rtx 2070ti
Also Here's a sc that I took
How can I turn this into something seen from the website?
20201115180342_1.jpg

Last edited:
Your FOV is also really high, AC's autoexpose is fairly stupid and changing FOV affects how well it can expose the track. Aim for more like 30-40 fov and it should look more as intended.

I'm doing quite a bit of playing around at the moment with settings to get best looks / performance.

I'm starting to get good results, I will try and post my settings soon for you to try. A lot of my issue was with the 'fuzziness' of the image mainly due to the anti-aliasing that CSP provides.

My quick takeaway is turn off MSAA in AC settings and tick FXAA (needed for CSP to implement AA)
In CSP settings, graphics adjustments - select CMAA with extra sharpening Ultra, don't bother with AMD fidelity
In ExtraFX - set to active, play around with settings here.....

Basically, CSP AA relies on original FXAA being enabled, it then hijacks that and implements it's own versions of AA as you select them. I think there is even an 'original MSAA' option.

I didn't need to use Nvidia's Control Panel overrides except for AFx16 which I'm still not entirely convinced is better than in game AF.

From what I remember, Extra FX adds another layer to the AA but also does impact FPS a bit. I found Extra FX added a nice lift to the quality once I'd set it up how I want.

There are so many settings in CSP, it's a bit overwhelming at first.

I've updated this. What I said above is wrong in my mind. MSAA should be turned right up on AC tab and disable FXAA. Turn off graphic adjustments tab in CSP just use Extra FX with TAA at 50%

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

You may tick MFAA in NVIDIA as well. Otherwise you already found the best possible setting for AC hence I have 4xAA set in AC original setting as well.
If you don't use MSAA in game, MFAA does nothing. The problem with all the PP AA options in CSP is that none is working in VR, but at least flat screeners have slew of options, not sure we need that many though as most are junk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone played around with LOD settings?

There's a MIP LOD bias setting in AC Video settings and there are some LOD settings in one of the CSP tabs.

I've read -1 for MIP LOD Bias improves detail for objects further in front.

I must admit I'm noticing other car detail drops away at the mid distance for me. I'll play around with some of these settings to see what they affect.

I've just recently updated my system and did a clean install with Assetto, Sol and shader patch.

Try this ppfilter with the settings as seen below:

Screenshot (10).jpg

Screenshot (9).jpg

You can use these settings with any filter. In the end it's almost a personal thing I guess, everyone has their own style.

This should give you a decent look in game and replays.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back