Cars Custom Shader Patch - Adding Extra Lights to a Car

Hello. I am trying to add some extra lights to the Kunos 911 RSR 2017 for a night race.
I added illumination to the car mesh lights on the doors and and extra kn5 for the light bar over the window.
Everything works fine while close, but in the distance all the lights turn off.
I am new in this, searched the web for 2 days, but could not find any solution.
Any idea?

Attachments

• 2021-07-29_185746.png
    2021-07-29_185746.png
    494.7 KB · Views: 130
  • 2021-07-29_185759.png
    2021-07-29_185759.png
    452.2 KB · Views: 143
  • ext_config.ini
    2.9 KB · Views: 170
From a distance you see the LOD, so you need to find the object names on that as well.
I did, but the lights go off anyway. The distance they disappear are probably still on main lod or at least the second. The mesh of the lights on the doors is the same in lod A and B, but it is not present in lod C and D. That's fine. I tested with a car part present in the four lods, giving emissise light to the proper mesh name, but the issue remain.

• Deleted member 223075

@Viktoren69 I tested and it look better with side position led separated from glass. If not separated, rivets on glass are illuminated too.

• Deleted member 223075

I know, but side lights and rivets are the same mesh. I can't modify the original kn5 file due to online compatibility. Do you still see the lights in the distance or they disappear?
No, is why i separated meshes. But same problem.

• Deleted member 223075

If it was a problem related to the car model/data, why the headlights are always visible?
I tried with URD GTE (i added position leds) and it's the same at certain distance it disapear because position_led no set up on LOD (B,C,D)

So as you said it disapear becasue nothing on LOD C,D

I tried with URD GTE (i added position leds) and it's the same at certain distance it disapear because position_led no set up on LOD (B,C,D)

So as you said it disapear becasue nothing on LOD C,D
I set another light to a mesh that's present in every LOD, but it gets dark at the same distance.
There's no way of night racing except for default headlights. It's frustrating. I find this LOD concept very unuseful: when you are on the starting grid all the cars are close and use the highest LOD, with lights, smoke, particles and other effects, and the game runs well. So what's the point of changing LOD to a lower detail when it is not necessary?

• Deleted member 223075

I set another light to a mesh that's present in every LOD, but it gets dark at the same distance.
There's no way of night racing except for default headlights. It's frustrating. I find this LOD concept very unuseful: when you are on the starting grid all the cars are close and use the highest LOD, with lights, smoke, particles and other effects, and the game runs well. So what's the point of changing LOD to a lower detail when it is not necessary?
LOD are here to show not important details at some distance. If your opponents is 150m away from you no need to have an ultra 4k detailled model. The LOD just show you basic shape of the car with some details (basically body and wheels but interior will be very very low quality, it's why on 3d model you have Hight poly interior and Low poly interior)

If you look at lod.ini (in data.acd) you have values at wich point what LOD is showed. From 0-45 main LOD, 45-200 LOD_B, 200-2000 LOD_C etc...

It's the same for all games you play and why your not complaining your game is beautiful but unplayable. Imagine open world with all details 10Km away from you in ultra quality .... It's stupid and useless, you can't see them.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 239 14.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.0%