Apps Custom Shader dark interior problem on AC

Using Custom Shaders Patch later versions than 1.42 I've got the interior of any car completely dark, outside is ok but inside the car everything is (almost) black. I tried to swatch off many option but the only way to fix that is to downgrade patch to 1.42... but doing that I can't use SOL. Has anybody ever experienced this issue? Any suggestion is relay welcome. Thanks.

Last edited:
If/assuming you don't want to use csp car vaos, delete all vao files inside assettocorsa\extension\vao-patches-cars , then on cm>settings>csp>cars vao click the 3 dots on the top right and disable automatic downloading for those.

ATM some of them might be too dark after a recent upload for all ks cars, so you might wish to help reporting the affected ones requiring a revision on the csp discord. On some very old ks content that didn't have baked ao on interiors, a big visual difference is intended and expected with these.

OTH, if it's just related to real-time AO, look into Extra FX for the HBAO+/SSAO options.

PS: It's weird to see a plug for your content when one expects an embedded video to illustrate your issue instead.

Last edited:
The VAO patches for cars are a bit inconsistent in quality. With many cars they are massive improvement, with some cars you'd be better off without the vao patch. It's a great feature when the patch is well made, though. Edit: I was too harsh on the recent VAO patches, I tried a few cars and they were all pretty poor, just bad luck on my part to try the ones where it's wonky. In many others it's great.

Have to say, showing off your rig doesn't really fit the thread topic. Time and place, man.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for your suggestions, I did what you suggested and.... YESSS, the problem is fixed! Now the cars do have not only bright interiors but with the latest version of CSP + SOL and Reshader Immersive_Natutal filter I'm discovering in VR new details of my (virtual) Ferrari 488GT3. Really fantastic! Thank you so much!

I do apologize for the video embedded. It was not my intention to include it in the post. I wanted just to pasted a URL link. It's removed now.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back