custom pedals

Hi There , i am starting with simracing again.
I bought a secondhand fanatec csw v1 wheel just to get started and ordered alu profiles to build a rig.
In the time i am gathering all the stuff that i need (seat ,pc , monitors etc.) i started to build my own pedal set

I want a solid set of pedals , hydraulic and with a realistic clutch feel.
I'm still working on it , now working on the electronics and ordered different springs for the throttle and clutch.

some pics:

master cilinder and slave

alu stock

I love it Johan!!
I do have 2 questionmarks on the new design tho.
1. Will you still maintain a progressive clutch? I don't have that on mine and I have to say I miss that a little bit from the Heusinkveld Pro's.
2. The way you mounted the potentiometer, it looks like the screw for mounting could be at an awkward place when the need to move the pedal comes up. I have that issue on my pedals now and it takes the piss out of me sometimes.

Otherwise they look absolutely awesome!

Hi Alex , yes the clutch is the same as the previous design only with rail and wagon , see the picture below of the bottomside , a little spring would mount between the 2 bearings / cams , i still have to draw that.

I don't understand the question about the potmeter?
It is a plastic case made from delrin , has two cutouts so you can put a allen key thrue to tighten 2 setscrews in the magnetholder , the magnetholder is fixated on the shaft this way.
Both the sideplates will have mountingholes for the sensorcase so you could put it to the outer side both hanging or standing pedal..
The case itselfs can rotate a little for adjusting the hallsensor.
In the render the case is not flush with the sideplate to show how it actually works:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hi Guys , its been a while since i updated this topic , but i have some good news!

The webshop / site is almost ready and in testing fase now , in the meantime i was testing prototype wheel and paddlelshifters and started with the design and prototype for a production version of a 3 pedal setup.

I made a facebook page , https://www.facebook.com/SolidSimRacingGear/ would be verry cool to see some people from overhere to follow or like the page!!!

Having said that:

render

some pieces of the puzzle

Upvote 0
Looks lovely man, great to see yo used the bearing mounted master cylinder!! looks so nice, one question if posible, what sensor are you using for throttle and clutch? i see you attach it directly to the shaft and using bearings, are you using a prisoner bolt to make a rotating shaft?¿ thanks in advance and good work!!

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back