Custom PC build question

Could someone out there in the RD sphere draw me up a list of components I'd need to build a gaming PC that'll play Project Cars on a high(ish) setting? Like an exact list, what make/model of parts you'd recommend. I'm not after something too flashy (a mate of mine downstairs has a £2,000 gaming PC for example, that's too much for me :D), any and all help will be very much appreciated!

I'm not much of a computer genius so please bear with me :)

First off ... you planing on 1080p, 1440p, 4K or triple screen? Required resolution and number of screens will impact the system build. Just upgraded my rig a bit, but originally spent £700 and it'd play Pcars on Ultra at 40-50fps. Tweak the settings and it'd hit 60 fps all day long...

Upvote 0
Ideally I'd like a triple screen setup, but if that proves costly I'd settle for 1080p. But I'd imagine a triple screen setup would be pricey. The computer boffin that lives downstairs in the house I rent reckons I'm looking at a dual graphics card at circa £1,500 to run a triple screen setup?

Upvote 0
If triple screen is your aim then a dual cards would be needed if your looking to keep the settings on the higher side ... Twin GTX970 would do well, but with a system cost of roughly £1200 [i5 4690K, 8GB ram, 1TB HDD, 128GB SSD, Mobo, PSU & case] . Then your monitors on top of that...

Worth looking at are the Ultrawide [21:9 ratio] monitors ... 27", 29" @ 2560x1080 or 34" @ 3440x1440 [expensive] ... I really like my 34" AOC, works really well with head tracking, plus only needs one good card... A GTX970 or AMD R9 290/390 with a 29" Ultrawide [2560x1080] would make a nice starter rig. Cost wise, about £1000 for a full build.

Hopefully a few more people will come up with some good alternatives for you.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back