MGP16 Custom number and livery

I know that I have to duplicate a team to insert my custom number and a custom livery. I duplicated the suzuki team inserting: bike_602, bike_602_lod, chain_602, cus_glass_602, rim_602 and cus_suit_602. In this way I duplicated the team. I inserted my number in the file bike_602 and when i finished all i renamed all the file _900. After that i went to unpack the GFXGEM.MIX file in with mgpbmleditor i edit the file team suzuki and i copied the file team suzuki ecstar in i edited the id from 602 to 900 and after that i edit the cockpitlivery id from 602_604 to 602_900. After that i repacked the motogp2016.mix and the gfxgem.mix. I started the game and selected the suzuki bike in the time attack. the bike ad the official livery but without the custom number. i went to the free camera mode and i zoomed the bike and i saw all the bike black with the number.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this thing?

I don´t know what you did wrong but you can edit the font-files in menu.mix to get your custom number to show up on any bike through the ingame number selection.

1. you can either "overpaint" single digits in the dds files

2. or do it more advanced and add your whole number at once and edit the .bml file of the font
for example using ingame 53
1. delete number 5 and number 3 out of your fontname.dds
2. add your numberimage somewhere in your fontname.dds
3. go to fontname.bml and go to char53 whitch refers to number 5 in the .dds
4. change the coordinates and the width/height to match the position of your number in the .dds file
fidle around with it until you hit the sweetspot

Hi guys, I somehow get how the custom number work

All you have to do is create your custom number and then put it under sets of alphabet in accelerator, dinpro, or else.
The next step is edit the font bml, to determine its location and size. In my case I edit char53 which is for character number 5 and erase number 3 alpha layer in photoshop so my custom number doesn't overlay with number 3 character.

The root is correct MENU/FONT search the fonts you want , open it and put your custom numbers separate number by number , paint black the default number 1, 8 and dont remenber well this process , also you must go to the alpha channel and paint it too, remenber to select the same fonts in game and same style , its going to look something like thisView attachment 144146

What I do is little bit different ftom Xtra-Large22 but same outcome. As you can see I put my custom number under the alphabet and then I blacked out the number 3 part. This way I only have to edit one character value on the bml which is 5. But finding the pixel location is very tricky though.

Awesome. You could make a tutorial about this? Now I have replaced the numbers 1 and 4 as did the Xtra-Large22 friend, but I would like to put the number as you have done. I understand the process of texture (the alpha channel and put my customizado number, that's not a problem for me) but I don't understand how to change the file .bml :( I don't know what "char" data corresponds to numbers 1 and 4 and I don't know how to changing the position of the new customized number.. (the pixel location) could you help me? Thanks!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 360 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%