Custom liveries look fine in menu but blurry on track

The livery in the album is just a mesh grid for testing purpose. As you can see it looks fine in the menu, but very pixelated/blurry on track. All my other custom liveries have the same problem, on the contrary official liveries look sharp and fine.
I have tried setting the graphics to low and reinstalling the game, but no luck. My PC spec is i7 8700 + 16GB RAM + GTX 1660Ti.
Any help would be appreciated.

In Config>menuSettings.json, find:

},
”texCap”: 1,

and change 1 to 0. This setting limits the graphics size (and therefore quality) of the in-game liveries for smoother gameplay. Setting it to 0 disables it. However, this will cause increased join lag when you enter multiplayer servers that allow custom liveries, so be advised. And if you have an older graphics card, it may affect performance.

Last edited:
Sorry, but this fix does not work. There isn't a way to improve the cars on track. Putting it in a nice way .. the resolution of some of the cars mapping and template resolution ingame in really very bad. The bentley is one of the worst. ..and alas ... I dont see Kunos fixing it ... unforunately ..unless they decide to fix it ... it is what it is.
Attached images are same car / livery in showroom and ingame ..and the above fix did nothing to change this.

Attachments

• 000.jpg
    000.jpg
    338.8 KB · Views: 165
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    335.5 KB · Views: 161

},

and change 1 to 0. This setting limits the graphics size (and therefore quality) of the in-game liveries for smoother gameplay. Setting it to 0 disables it. However, this will cause increased join lag when you enter multiplayer servers that allow custom liveries, so be advised. And if you have an older graphics card, it may affect performance.
Excellent !! I did not know it. More than interesting for in-game shots

},

That did the trick, thanks. Brands got a lot better looking on a custom skin of mine

},

This only works if I write protect the config file. Otherwise it always gets reset to 1 as soon as I am in the menu (not the graphics menu). And there is no way around the menu.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 349 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 243 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%