F1 2019 Custom helmets

F1 2019 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey guys,
I have no idea where to put in my custom helmets in F1 2019. The old 'com' helmets appear to be gone
***EDIT***
Found a solution!
Replace the Senna and Prost helmets, as they cannot be modified from within the game.

Last edited:
Looks like you can overwrite the "gen" helmets and try to match up the RGB like one of the old games (i forget which one) but the old formats for custom helmets dont seem to work very well, they end up getting squished. The visor plate and the helmet wing appear to use separate textures this year as well

All the helmets designed for F1 2017 and F1 2018 don't fit in F1 2019. The helmet texture mapping is different and the gloves and shoes are in different file as the wing and the protection of the visor. The com helmets has disapeared expect for Senna and Prost so if you want you have a personnal helmet with your personnal sponsors on it you will have to replace one of them (but i don't know if this two helemt are present in every game version because i have the legend one)...

I hope someboby can extract the 3d shape of the helmets(with wing and visor and all the stuff) to be able to make personal helmets.

For information, I won't do classic helmets and suit for this game for now but i will continue to make them for F1 2018.

Looks like you can overwrite the "gen" helmets and try to match up the RGB like one of the old games (i forget which one) but the old formats for custom helmets dont seem to work very well, they end up getting squished. The visor plate and the helmet wing appear to use separate textures this year as well
I think it's F1 2016 that did the RGB install.

I wonder how easy it will be to get the AI helmets in the game. And in general, swapping drivers from one team to the next... Mainly because I wanna use this design and pair myself up with Charles in the Ferrari:
https://imgur.com/a/YydNKty

Another idea I had is to swap Lukas Weber and Devon Butler's helmet with another F2 drivers design, too.

Last edited:
All the helmets designed for F1 2017 and F1 2018 don't fit in F1 2019. The helmet texture mapping is different and the gloves and shoes are in different file as the wing and the protection of the visor. The com helmets has disapeared expect for Senna and Prost so if you want you have a personnal helmet with your personnal sponsors on it you will have to replace one of them (but i don't know if this two helemt are present in every game version because i have the legend one)...

I hope someboby can extract the 3d shape of the helmets(with wing and visor and all the stuff) to be able to make personal helmets.

For information, I won't do classic helmets and suit for this game for now but i will continue to make them for F1 2018.

Hi, I noticed that too, it's quite compelling finally because I had a McLaren helmet! You think we could find this kind of model? in the game file?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back