Resource icon

Misc Custom AI Difficulty Levels 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
I am just not REALLY understanding the numbers in there.

Could be anybody here be so kind and explain to me in easy words which version I should use in AMATEUR to make the AI drive slower a.k.a. make the AI weaker?

Thanx in advance for your help.

I am just not REALLY understanding the numbers in there.

Could be anybody here be so kind and explain to me in easy words which version I should use in AMATEUR to make the AI drive slower a.k.a. make the AI weaker?

Thanx in advance for your help.

those numbers in the ai_track_difficulties.xml file correspond to the strength of the AI at the various tracks. For me, i am really terrible at this game and even amateur (easy) was still too fast for me, i believe these files dont make the ai much slower on amateur mode from the original amateur level file. So I had to edit the file myself using notepad+ to slow the cars way down for me...heres an example of what i mean...

original ai level at singapore track=0.5367792
Custom level A file at singapore track=0.8067792 (higher number means faster AI)
Custom level B file at singapore track=0.5567792 (slower ai then level B file, but faster then the original AI file)

Because Im horrible i changed my number way way lower...to 0.0567792, this made my lap times about 4 seconds faster then the 2nd place car, im still tweaking the numbers bc now im way faster then everyone else. So now Ill raise that number up to speed up the Ai (maybe 0.1567792)

I believe the goal of the OPs mod was to slow down the top difficulty modes, and make less of a AI speed gap between the top difficulties, but his mod doesnt slow down the AI in amateur mode
Hope all this helps

Well, thanx alot, "The Viper".

If you think YOU are horrible - I don't know what I am then ;-)

Even though I play racing games since 1994 and even though I LIKE playing racing games, I am not good at it, having always problems competing with the AI in any game, even with the easiest setting with all driving help and the lowest possible AI strength in almost every racing game - you name it you got it.

But nevertheless I ENJOY playing racing games, maybe because I never learned to drive a car in real life in my entire 50 years and never had the intention to get a drivers licence..

The only thing I HATE about racing games is, if I BUY a game and NOT get all the tracks right at once from the beginning unlocked- I mean I PAY for the FULL game, so I WANT all the tracks, even I am not good enough to greenlight them through successful gameplay, so I am on the neccesity to find debugging mods, unlock cheats and such.

And the second thing besides all the Joy of simracing that I HATE is when the AI is just too strong even in the easiest possible AI strength setting. Thanx to this mod and your explanation this is now history. :)

NOW the only thing left to get fixed for F1 2013 to me is to find a cheat/debugging/whatever to get more than enough fuel that it lasts till the end, even with kers use and a flat fuel lap here and there - just like in previous versions of Codemasters F1, where there three or more extra laps possible with the amount of initial fuel.

I DO understand that Codemasters wanted to make it MORE REALISTIC to real life racing with the Formula1.

But hey, we ARE NOT real F1 racers (where you risk your life). but we are SIMRACERS, so the degree of realism must not be THAT 1:1 to real life racing - IMHO.

Yes, I didn't go all the way down to the default AMATEUR level which is about +6sec to LEGEND.

I think you don't really need this MOD, it is really easy to tweak the values to fit your level. A thumb rule is to take LEGEND at 1 and then every 0.1 you take off is 1 sec slower. So a value of 0.5 will be approx. 5 sec slower than LEGEND on a track like Melbourne.

As I progress through my season I make notes as some tracks I'm too slow so I can change the values slightly. Remember you can save mid-race, exit the game, change the values or file, go back and the effect will be immediate.

So if you see the AI is way too slow but you're halfway through your race and it's just boring, you can speed them up for the rest of the race.;)

Hey Dude. Its the best difficulity mod of all.
But one question are you able to change the AI too?
Because in my opinion their is too much space between them.
Could you please make the difference of the top teams to the mid teams from i think 1 second in the game to 0,2-0,5 seconds. That would make the races much more interesting...

I've use "0.00001" is not too slow :(
Help me!

The only thing I can think of to slow down the ai more is to reduce the ai_engine_power_per_tier in the database. Take of 50 or 100 bhp off all the teams and test if they are slow enough. Or better first do just you own team and see if your teammate is similar to your pace.

You can see which team is which number under the f1teams tab.:thumbsup:

Great mod, I am still on my first season of f1 2013 and when I changed teams to Ferrari mid season I found that I was too fast against other cars, this was getting boring to me, I race on the professional difficulty and use full driving aids, increasing to the expert level meant that all the other cars were too fast and it was very difficult to get into q2 even in a Ferrari.
I downloaded the mod and installed folder B and increased my difficulty level to legend and now its wheel to wheel racing.

wow this saved me lots of time thanks dude.. few questions:-

_the 1.1 pack, are they times PLUS/added to default legend times.. so theyre folders making the AI gradually slower?

_How can i tweak the tracks individually for the unbalanced ones? I open in textedit its all unformatted and hard to decipher.?

cheers

Best is to take one where the Legend level is closest to your times and adjust for each track slightly to your liking. As I can remember correctly 0.1 is about 1sec difference.

This way you only play on Legend level and You don't need to adjust all the settings for each level.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back