Custom AI Cars Frozen On Grid

I have version 1.11 and my favorite car is a custom Jaguar E-Type I downloaded, if I do a quick race all the other Jags just sit on the grid and don't move, then I get a yellow flag and they end up in the pits.

If I use AC cars it's fine and I downloaded the custom Jaguar XJ-13 from here and it works fine too, anyone had this problem and know a fix for it? It seems to be in the car files somewhere and not in the game as other cars work fine.

Well it's still got me stumped I have even swapped out different files from the data folder of the E Type and the XJ-13, ai.ini, drivetrain, engine, setup etc and still no change, just can't work out what is different in the E Type. On the starting grid you hear the working cars rev up ready to take off, with the E Type you hear nothing, their brake lights go off but they just sit there.

Does anyone have a working E Type jag? Or could download the same one I did and try it on theirs?

Google "Jaguar E-Type 4.2 1965" I got mine from assettocorsa.club.

Which circuit?...is it a mod circuit?...I get this (or similar) prob on Norisring circuit and a couple of others.
I put it down to bad AI programming but I could be wrong.
Regards

It doesn't matter what track I have tried mod circuits, and circuits that come with the game and still the same. Other cars work fine but not the E-type.

mine is working ;).
in the ai.ini file check that the 'gear up' value is NOT = to or GREATER than the engine limiter value in the engine.ini file
if it is greater set it to 50 to 200 rpm below the the limiter value

Yeahhhhh it works, I went to the AI.ini file and gear up was set to 7400rpm (I downloaded from 2 different sources and both had this value) and the engine limiter value in engine.ini was set to 5500rpm. So I changed the gear up value to 5250rpm and voila it works fine.

Thank you so much!

Now back to racing.

Keith, check in the engine.ini file that the value of RPM_THRESHOLD (under the DAMAGE section) is LESS or = to
the LIMITER value (under the DATA section)

The carts are set to rev to 15000 but the damage threshold is at 13500 so if you over rev
you going to have nuts and bolts all over the place :O_o:

I get this with the hybrid 2019 cars at Bahrain,they all stay on the grid and then by lap 6 ,are all out of the race.

Bahrain is a custom track.

Might be something to do with the AI behaviour setting in CM custom shaders settings.

Keith, check in the engine.ini file that the value of RPM_THRESHOLD (under the DAMAGE section) is LESS or = to
the LIMITER value (under the DATA section)

The carts are set to rev to 15000 but the damage threshold is at 13500 so if you over rev
you going to have nuts and bolts all over the place :O_o:
What if there is no RPM Threshold line under damage? Trying to fix a car that has a rev limit of 8630, shift up is set to 8550. I've copied everything that's under the damage heading in the engine.ini. What do I need to add?

[DAMAGE]

TURBO_DAMAGE_K=5 ; amount of damage per second per (boost - threshold)
; RPM at which the engine starts to take damage
RPM_DAMAGE_K=1 ; amount of damage per second per (rpm-threshold)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 8.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%