Curved 32" triple monitor setup

I've been researching monitors for a week now and I'm little more confused then when I started. I have zero computer skills/knowledge so I thought I'd just ask for advice. I want to run (3) 1440p 32" curved monitors in my setup and want to know what my options are in the ($500 max) per monitor range. I'm seeing different specs on curvature so I'm not sure what the difference would be. I'd consider flat monitors or possibly 27" if there's something out there that would be a better choice but again I'm not really sure what I'm looking at. From the research I have done it looks like the computer I'm having built will handle the 1440's with lower settings so that's what I'm going for. Any feedback/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

These are my opinions
  • I think 32" 1440p are the current sweet spot for sim racing
  • I see no significant sim racing pros and cons between flat and curved
  • There are many displays that will work just fine
  • Look for refresh rates at least 120 Hz
  • Look for small bezel widths
  • Check that the display mount is compatible with your triple mount
  • If you are looking for triple mounts, the Sim-Lab (large) is an excellent choice
  • I have the Dell S3220DGF and would buy them again however there are many others that are also great

Overall, my thoughts mirror @BillyBobSenna. I would suggest calculating the vertical FOV with how close you can get the screen to your eyes as your steering wheel housing may not allow the monitor(s) to be close enough for 32" to give a greater FOV than 27".

[and that's how I found myself going down the expensive rabbit hole of 43" 4k triples powered by a 3090]

Last edited:
It looks like I should be able to get it pretty close. I just finished building my Simlab monitor stand that was delivered earlier. Here's a picture so you can get a better idea. I'll need to lower the steering wheel quite a bit but I just assembled everything and will finish adjusting it after I find a seat.

Attachments

• IMG_5463.jpg
    IMG_5463.jpg
    558.7 KB · Views: 808
Well the monitors and seat have been ordered. Went with the (3) Dell S3220dgf's recommended above and an NRG Prisma seat. Appreciate the input.

Sorry to revive this thread, but I'm also in a similar position. I'm planning on 32" triples, but I've noticed it's difficult these days to find non-curved screens at this size. Are there any complications to setting up triple curved screens vs flat when it comes to FOV, image alignment, etc? I thought I read somewhere that curved screens can cause some sort of distortion that's hard to iron out, but I can't seem to figure out where I read about it. Maybe I'm thinking of something else.

As an FYI I am currently eying the Gigabyte G32QC (curved). I was considering going with three flat LG 32GK650F screens (I already own one on my main PC), but the 100/200 VESA mount completely blocks the video connections making it impossible to wire up without getting into customization of the bracket, or sourcing out really long standoffs.

Last edited:
Sorry to revive this thread, but I'm also in a similar position. I'm planning on 32" triples, but I've noticed it's difficult these days to find non-curved screens at this size. Are there any complications to setting up triple curved screens vs flat when it comes to FOV, image alignment, etc? I thought I read somewhere that curved screens can cause some sort of distortion that's hard to iron out, but I can't seem to figure out where I read about it. Maybe I'm thinking of something else.

As an FYI I am currently eying the Gigabyte G32QC (curved). I was considering going with three flat LG 32GK650F screens (I already own one on my main PC), but the 100/200 VESA mount completely blocks the video connections making it impossible to wire up without getting into customization of the bracket, or sourcing out really long standoffs.
I have not experienced alignment or FOV issues with my Dell curved displays. I treat them the same as I would flat screens. As I stated above, I have no preference between flat or curved. My only experience with curved are the Dell's I own. Maybe there are issues with curved displays depending on the screen size, amount of curvature, and the viewing distance. I really don't know.

Looking at my triple screen setup as I write this (28" viewing distance), I am very satisfied with the quality of the images and driving experience. Now if I could only get a RTX 3080 take advantage of the high display refresh rates.

I have triple 32” Asus ROG PG329Q. It’s a flat 1440p and they can be found for $700 or less. I’m pretty happy with them overall. Some minor considerations:

The VESA bolts aren’t super sturdy so the monitors will wobble if I try to move them by hand. This doesn’t affect the stability when in use on my Simlab heavy triple stand but if you have an integrated mount you might see some shake.

The lower bezel “chin” sticks out forward from the plane of the screen a couple mm. That prevents you from putting the monitors as close together as you’d like, and there’s a small gap between the side bezels. I actually filed these small areas down to be flush with the rest of the side bezel to fix this issue. I can’t see it because that area is behind the uprights of my P1X, but it was pretty annoying to have to do that with a high end gaming monitor.

Overall I’m very happy with the setup once I got everything dialed in, as these issues don’t affect the performance or gameplay at all and these displays are great in those regards.

Last edited:
I've also been running triple Dell S3220DGF displays for about 9 months now and have no complaints. Although not officially G-Sync compatible they do work fine with G-Sync enabled on my 30 series nvidia card.
They're mounted on the heavy Simlab triple mount with the side screen bezels overlapping the centre screen which minimises the thickness of the bezels between the adjacent monitors. I have the Asus bezel free kit but removed it after a short time, i'm not a fan and find it distracting.
Trying to align the screens was a real pain, took me several hours before I was happy with the results. I just ordered the Simlab Vario Vesa Apadter kit and Xero Play Triple Adapter set which will arrive in 3-4 weeks. Hopefully it should help to fine tune screen alignments.

I followed this tutorial when setting up the triples and FOV:

There's a formula that can be used to configure the mathematically correct screen angles based on viewing distance and contains other useful information too.

If I was going to buy 32" monitors today I'd seriously consider these: 32" Acer Predator XB323UGP

I've also been running triple Dell S3220DGF displays for about 9 months now and have no complaints. Although not officially G-Sync compatible they do work fine with G-Sync enabled on my 30 series nvidia card.
They're mounted on the heavy Simlab triple mount with the side screen bezels overlapping the centre screen which minimises the thickness of the bezels between the adjacent monitors. I have the Asus bezel free kit but removed it after a short time, i'm not a fan and find it distracting.
Trying to align the screens was a real pain, took me several hours before I was happy with the results. I just ordered the Simlab Vario Vesa Apadter kit and Xero Play Triple Adapter set which will arrive in 3-4 weeks. Hopefully it should help to fine tune screen alignments.

I followed this tutorial when setting up the triples and FOV:

There's a formula that can be used to configure the mathematically correct screen angles based on viewing distance and contains other useful information too.

If I was going to buy 32" monitors today I'd seriously consider these: 32" Acer Predator XB323UGP

I have the same screens and Simlab mount. I also found the screen alignment very difficult if you are doing it alone. With one other person it was straight forward and only required a short time to achieve perfect alignment and level.

Below is a link the the spreadsheet I made to calculated screen angles.

Triple Screen Angle Spreadsheet

The LG 32GP83B (flat) are only $500 and are definitely worth the money for sim racing. I've put them on my 2nd rig and couldn't be happier, especially for the money!
Though I do have them mounted on the SimLab triple stand and had to offset the VESA brackets by drilling a few holes, but it wasn't a big deal.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 316 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 447 39.2%