Current state of the art of the power supply?

For various reasons I want to have a PSU in the house that's at least 900+W, has PCIe connectors worth 3 graphics cards and 2x 4-pin motherboard connections.

I'm still using veteran Seventeam PSUs normally and I'm a bit out of the loop. What is the go-to brand for that right now. I still want it quiet when not under load, so I'd rather not go Supermicro here. Corsair? As far as I picked up Corsair is currently filling the role of solid PSU supplier?

It can be a bit hard to find but I have been running the same be quiet PSU for at least 5 years - without issues.
Its german produced an are often on top when different brands are compared by IT magazines.

• Deleted member 197115

Corsair Platinum. Platinum Plus.

I think the Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium at =1000W is probably the current state of the art PS.

The specific cables included and the number of them are listed at the very end of the page, but it has what you asked for.

I've got a Seasonic Hybrid Titanium 750W in my development box and the fan never kicks on.

However, Corsair is still a solid brand. I don't think you can go wrong with either Seasonic or Corsair. I currently use both.

• Deleted member 197115

Yep, Seasonic is another well recognized brand. They are the pretty much same in the end, perhaps even built from the same bin components.
Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum in two of my systems and I never seen or heard fan kicking in. 10 years warranty, if anything goes wrong they just replace it with brand new unit.

Hmmm, I don't seem to be able to find a "prime ultra titanium" in those 1000 watts. The most is 850W.

Instead of dual motherboards I would be more interested in dual PSU per motherboard.

As in, the 24 and 8 pin connectors should have an inlet for another power supply and the high-end supply takes care of the "mixing". (done for redundancy, not to get more power)

Phanteks also have dual PSU

"When I yanked the primary PSU power cable I got 3 FPS more " :roflmao:
Disconnect the PSU the video card/s are attached to and it still runs......... :coffee:

Last edited:
Reactions: dud
Hmmm, I don't seem to be able to find a "prime ultra titanium" in those 1000 watts. The most is 850W.

Here we go Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W

Reactions: dud
Ah, I swear Newegg didn't have it when I looked.

The one on Amazon (cheaper) doesn't say "Ultra". Is that just a naming glitch, is that the real thing?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 360 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 501 39.0%