Current Major Issues in RaceRoom

Sonat Ozturk

Sector3 Studios
Hi all,

There are a lot of questions regarding current problems we're having so I'll just go through them here briefly explaining what they are.

Error 13: This occurs due to failed encryption during communication between game and system backend. The encryption fail occurs due to having too many Multiplayer servers (currently over 280). As a temporary solution we stopped most of our own servers. We also have a fix in the works we hope to share with you today.

Error 500/504: These occur when there's a timeout between game and backend. However the reason for seeing these currently are due to a memory leak that hogs the memory on the backend servers which makes them unreachable. While we are trying to catch the leak and fix it, we are restarting the servers every now and then to avoid players getting it.

Dedicated server not available under tools on Steam: This should no longer be the case as of this morning. Everyone who has RaceRoom Racing Experience installed should see RaceRoom Dedicated Server under tools in Steam Library. If not you can still manually grab it by typing steam://install/354060 on Steam command line or windows explorer or here https://steamdb.info/app/354060/

Strange problems at race start in MP: We are still investigating but majority of the problems seem to occur when player in position 1 either disconnects or gets kicked out by not pressing ready during the 60 seconds of garage phase. We are looking into these issues but as a quick workaround we might disable the garage phase altogether.

Some issues might also be linked with rolling start on race session. Hosts might want to stick to standing race start for now while we're investigating the issue.

We are planning on preparing a hotfix patch to go live today for the issues mentioned above. Again, sorry for these issues creeping up on you in the game and a sincere thank you for your understanding and patience.

Last edited:
@Sonat Ozturk

Hey Sonat, I'd like to report one more thing. It shouldn't be a big issue or could be more on my end.

Whenever I'm opening the settings menu in the DTM 2014 Experience and going into the Controller Profile menu to check which profile I'm using while playing, the game crashes and I'll have to restart it. That's happening all the time. I don't know if that happened on other users PCs but just stating a case here. If it is only mine, I'll start on a workaround.

Cheers.

@Sonat Ozturk

Hey Sonat, I'd like to report one more thing. It shouldn't be a big issue or could be more on my end.

Whenever I'm opening the settings menu in the DTM 2014 Experience and going into the Controller Profile menu to check which profile I'm using while playing, the game crashes and I'll have to restart it. That's happening all the time. I don't know if that happened on other users PCs but just stating a case here. If it is only mine, I'll start on a workaround.

Cheers.
Hi,
Thanks for letting me know. Are you getting actual crash dumps? If so can you send them to us via heldpesk http://support.raceroomracingexperience.com/

• When using 0.7X field of view, i get to far ahead of some cars (some times even inside the engine!!! ).
  • When i choose to show virtual hands, the wheel doesn't turn all the way (immersion killer)

One very major problem (and it's the same with AC and PC) - now RRE has a Dedicated Server.....but it doesn't produce a Results file. So for places who have run large customer base online Leagues like Race2Play - they can't run RRE as they need that results file. Very frustrating.

I have trouble connecting to servers is checked, this very dull and every time you want to enter all data calls me again, in the other games directly entered .In R.Room not know if you can run, I want to buy new cars and do not if you do not know that you'll leave.

For the past few months when I start a session and the car is in the pits at a stand still my wheel slowly starts flopping to one side than the other than picks up speed and oscillates pretty quickly lock to lock. When I start to drive and hold the wheel lightly with my figure tips I can feel a slight force pushing it to the left or right when driving in a straight line and the wheel is centered.
thrustmaster tx 75/100/100/0/0
Stock settings ingame
deleted profiles and created a new one every build, unplugged, reset etc.
only game that causes this issue on my wheel
performance on many of the newer released tracks have massive frame drops through out. I have to run a combo of low med settings just to get a smooth game play.
17 2600 16 gb gtx 970 ssc

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing