Curbs braking my wrist

Started playing RF2 using my OSW and the FFB is rubbish!

Firstly yes I have done that -10000 step and the other changes in Json File.

But still have issues:

1: I can barely feel the road when I am driving down straights, feels smooth and dead.....
2: If I go off the track or touch a curb the FFB is so strong it snaps the bones in my wrists
3: If I drive over a rumble strip I get no FFB affects
4: Sometimes in corners I get major deadzones
5: Although the FFB settings is not that high I get terrible clipping in tight handed corners
6: The weight of the car in corners is either - really heavy, or zero ffb.

I am running OSW 30NM with SimuCube software, any helpers?

In general an OSW wheel has a lot of parameters that you all need to set correctly to achieve correct FFB. It is a very powerful and configurable wheel, designed for people who like to tweak everything, so expect to invest serious time in learning about it and setting it up.

That said, there are a few starting points I can recommend on the Studio 397 forums:
  1. A long thread about OSW settings, where a lot of owners of these wheels share their experiences: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/share-your-osw-settings.52499/
  2. A more generic guide on setting up FFB in rFactor 2 which might supply some more backgrounds and insights: https://forum.studio-397.com/index....actor-2-the-key-to-being-in-the-zone-d.42931/
If you still have issues then, it helps to be more specific about what car and track you were driving under what conditions when you experience something you don't expect because some of the things you describe now can have multiple causes. Just to give some examples, no FFB over a rumble strip could be down to a track modelling a rumble strip as a flat piece of road with just a sound effect, and a curb almost snapping your wrist could simply be an indication that you've set the FFB way too high or with not enough damping. That said, with this little detail, both examples could also have a completely different cause.

I'm having exactly same issue on T300. I feel nothing when lowering ffb except braking, if I increasing ffb I barley feel other forces but braking now can snap by wrist. I've tried many different tracks with three different gt3 cars and it's the same on every combination. I just don't feel the details of the road or when turning. If I need the right combination of cars and tracks then it's really bad ffb overall, it should be good no matter what. Coming from raceroom, AC and ACC it's the worst ffb , if someone has the t300 maybe you could post your control file parameters.

I'm having exactly same issue on T300. I feel nothing when lowering ffb except braking, if I increasing ffb I barley feel other forces but braking now can snap by wrist. I've tried many different tracks with three different gt3 cars and it's the same on every combination. I just don't feel the details of the road or when turning. If I need the right combination of cars and tracks then it's really bad ffb overall, it should be good no matter what. Coming from raceroom, AC and ACC it's the worst ffb , if someone has the t300 maybe you could post your control file parameters.
I found a solution
Steering torque extrap blend", was set to :0 , now its 1
I've also added dampening ;2

I'd suggest posting a screenshot of the SimuCube configurator with the profile setting you're using now. I have exactly the same hardware and my experience is exactly the opposite of yours; I've scrapped most other sims just because the FFB and feel is so addictively good!

In-game the only setting you have are smoothing and force. With my 30NM I set smoothing at 4 (lower gives me too much vibration when I have flatspots on my tires) and force around 0.35 (35%) a bit depending on the car and if there are other people present in my house :whistling:

I can post my Simucube settings too later if you want.

Use simhub with an overlay of the FFB clipping.
Used it for that in the beggining, ended making dashboard/led/bmw e36 clusters/rumble peddals ahaha

(Not for the DD wheels i think)

Are you using original cars and tracks from Studio397 or 3rd party?

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back