Cube Controls Formula CSX2 (RD OWNERS CLUB)

Hello!

I just recently Purchased a CC Formula CSX2 wheel and I am so happy with my purchase I thought we might as well have a dedicated owners club thread for the wheel where we can share our experiences together also any technical or teething problems also share our settings and dashboards with the community!

Cube Controls Logo

inside formula esports steering wheels

The Classic USB connection is designed for the high achievers as it enables high-demanding electronics. Connect them and be ready to go.
For the demanding drivers.[/LIST]​

Last edited:
Well this morning finally got around to placing my stickers on the buttons, faceplate not so many kinda tricky to find placement for some, it’s looking really nice now so far only 10 minutes use, spent longer placing the stickers. :D
B732215E-BCFA-4F11-8114-34B0D54F3481.jpeg

Upvote 0
Great review really detailed I left a comment inside the video,

a few points he wasn’t so keen on same as Barry from SRG
1st the plastic connector on the back of the wheel for me feels fine it didn’t bother me in the slightest although the PC cable is fine the plug maybe could have done with been longer,
2nd he mentioned maybe a on/off switch this never even crossed my mind I always take my wheels off and put them away after use to keep them safe so this maybe don’t apply to me personally etc

great review though really detailed.

Upvote -1
I am highly considering buying the Cube Controls GT Pro with the Sparco P310
I already had the wheel rim on its own in my basket since I ordered the CSX2 for extra little money might as well buy the Cube version we all know what the quality is like second to none..

Upvote 0
Yes, it’s a detailed review. I have yet to see anybody justify the cost though, but I accept it’s all relative to what somebody is willing to spend.
It would certainly be nice to see more high end wheels from bigger manufacturers.

Last edited:
Reactions: CC
Upvote 0
Having some issues this week with the wheel, I am not confident in the Cube USB extension.
Drop outs mid race, bit of a headache. In contact with UGT as no reply from Cube.
UGT very quick to respond, I am going to replace the extension and see what UGT come up with.

Upvote 0
Having some issues this week with the wheel, I am not confident in the Cube USB extension.
Drop outs mid race, bit of a headache. In contact with UGT as no reply from Cube.
UGT very quick to respond, I am going to replace the extension and see what UGT come up with.
Not had any issues with mine I did a 40 minute race yesterday not a glitch with it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I ditched the cube powered extension today and gave it its own unpowered extension direct from PC. All seems fine. Could have been me plugging and unplugging that made the lead faulty, things fail.
The trouble is if the lead develops problems all kinds of other issues start occurring, quite confusing.
Hopefully sorted.

Upvote 0
The only thing i don't really like about my GT Lite are the front rotaries. They feel fine but sometimes trigger twice per click or right between two positions.

Is this how it is supposed to be? I guess it is, because both front rotaries behave that way (but then again, why not always?) and while it is not super annoying i honestly expected absolute precision for the price. Am i to picky? :O_o:

Cube Controls sadly does not seem interested in answering support emails so i would like to hear how yours are working :)

Upvote 0
The only thing i don't really like about my GT Lite are the front rotaries. They feel fine but sometimes trigger twice per click or right between two positions.

Is this how it is supposed to be? I guess it is, because both front rotaries behave that way (but then again, why not always?) and while it is not super annoying i honestly expected absolute precision for the price. Am i to picky? :O_o:

Cube Controls sadly does not seem interested in answering support emails so i would like to hear how yours are working :)
All my front rotaries work fine when I tested them currently mainly use the top right one for TC in ACC,
The bottom 2 seem odd construction though how they turn.

Upvote 0
I really like it.

The buttons give a nice feedback, the wheel looks great (subjective, i know :) ) with the carbon fibre.

I bought the wireless version and was really concerned about the connection stability, but in the 10-12 hours of usage i did not notice any misshifts or unregistered inputs, signal quality is always at 100%, no matter the wheel position.

The missing leds on the lite version are a plus for me, i prefer the colored buttons and use vr anyway.

Upvote 0
Thats interesting, so the only real difference is the illumination?
I keep hovering over the buying button for the GT wheels, must resist!

Cube Controls got back to me, they are sending out a Y passive extension lead. Apparantley they have disscontinued the powered lead. Good to know if anybody develops a problem.

Upvote 0
Thats interesting, so the only real difference is the illumination?
I keep hovering over the buying button for the GT wheels, must resist!

Cube Controls got back to me, they are sending out a Y passive extension lead. Apparantley they have disscontinued the powered lead. Good to know if anybody develops a problem.
Have you a picture to compare not sure which mine is.

Upvote 0
I am highly considering buying the Cube Controls GT Pro with the Sparco P310
I already had the wheel rim on its own in my basket since I ordered the CSX2 for extra little money might as well buy the Cube version we all know what the quality is like second to none..
Hi, I have the GT pro omp
that hasn't been used that I am looking to sell

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 87 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 71 10.3%