CTDP F12006 v1.0 Released

Finally it's here :)

Download links:

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=F1 2006 CTDP

http://www.ctdp.net/f1-2006.html

The wait is over - It’s here! The Cars and Tracks Development Project has released their Formula One 2006 mod for rFactor.

F1 2006 is the most comprehensive rFactor mod to date, including all cars of the 2006 Formula One season with race-by-race liveries and aerodynamic changes. The mod features individual, fully RealFeel compatible, physics for each team as well as a ton of other features:

* 2006 high detail models and high resolution textures
* All special liveries throughout the season autoloaded on GP
* Both Midland and Spyker included
* Technical season upgrades for every grand prix
* Open and closed brakes (with glow)
* 2006 helmets and driver (individual talent files for AI)
* 2006 steering wheels, all redone and new
* 2006 physics and performance (upgrades influence handling)
* 2006 tires and rims with motion blur
* Up to 6 tire variants per track
* Two variations of each compound with different working temperatures
* 2 tire brands
* Non-linear tiregrip and tire damages through debris
* 9 Engine programs
* Realistic wear of engine and brake
* Realistic suspension model simulation (Single-keel, Twin-keel, No-keel, V-Keel)
* Setups included
* Full-drivable Safety Car with cockpit
* Menu-Sounds and music by Lars J. Brouwer
* Full DX7, DX8 and DX9- Support
* Supports rFactor-Skinning-Feature (now with helmets and driver suit)
* Support for RealFeel & LeoFFB
* TV-Style-Overlays for Dinix’ Plugin
* 6 different Gen-Files for best hardware optimization
* ControlCenter

No matter if you´re a Formula One fanatic or not, this mod is a must-download for every rFactor racer as it sets new benchmarks in terms of graphical quality, physics, features and overall packaging. The attention to detail in this project brings rFactor to a new level - Don’t miss it!

You´ll make most of this mod by racing a full season on the 17 Formula One tracks, letting you witness how the cars’ appearance and performance change over the course of a season. The download links can be found below, the dedicated server edition is meant for server installs and contains no textures or sounds.

Also included is a first non-official addon for those who want to use MMG’s excellent interior sounds with CTDP F1 2006.

Normally modern F1 does not really get my interest for mods but i must admit i was very impressed with this one. there cars are a bit more controllable than other mods i've tried and whilst it is still perfectly possible to lose it you at least can pin point what you did wrong.

Its probably the most comprehensive mod availble too with every concivable vareint of the 2006 series and a launcher that makes it that bit more useable

Finally performance is well done and the frame rate remains high. It looks great and runs great.

It might be 2 seasons out of date (soon to be 3) but right now i see this is the benchmark for modern f1 mods

Normally modern F1 does not really get my interest for mods but i must admit i was very impressed with this one. there cars are a bit more controllable than other mods i've tried and whilst it is still perfectly possible to lose it you at least can pin point what you did wrong.

Its probably the most comprehensive mod availble too with every concivable vareint of the 2006 series and a launcher that makes it that bit more useable

Finally performance is well done and the frame rate remains high. It looks great and runs great.

It might be 2 seasons out of date (soon to be 3) but right now i see this is the benchmark for modern f1 mods

Fully agreed.

I like the mod also :)
Nicely done and lots of features.

Only one thing; the sound is terrible at my place. Sounds like its on limiter all the time? Others have this too?

If you have experience with soundproblems in rF, please help.

Not sure, but could it be the same as this? http://forum.racedepartment.com/rfactor/9302-strange-wheelgun-noises-coming-crowd.html

I installed lots of mods recently, maybe on of those killed the default ambient.

This is a common problem in some rF installations, Daniel explains the problem well, if that is your problem the thread will help you fix it.

If you see a fans_normal_1.mp3 as well as a .wav version in rFactor\GameData\Sounds\Ambient, delete the .mp3 version, should only be fans_normal_1.wav but the .wav version could be corrupt to.

• Marco Lattanzi

The mod is the best I have seen in a long time.

I had the same problem with the audio, so I switched to ISI sounds.

Except for this issue, this mod is simply impressive.

I hope that soon there will be a lot of events to join with this!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 339 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 172 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.4%