CSW V1 base & CST F1 pedal setup help!

Hey Guys...
Just looking for some hints & tips to make sure I'm on the right track for my wheel and pedal setup.
I'm currently running a CSW V1 wheel base modified with larger/stronger FFB motors plus a four rib belt to drive the FFB so as to minimize or eliminate any slipping due to the stronger motors. I'm running with the BMW GT rim.
I have recently upgraded to a set of CST F1 pedals (3 pedal set)
I have got them both set up in iracing without too many problems but it seems to be proving a little more difficult to tune them in for Automobilista (AC & RRE seem a little confusing also and I'm not so sure I have them dialed in properly there either)... although that's for another post.
So... this is what I'm running at the moment:
Wheel... ffb settings: I'm pretty happy with the way ffb feels for now, but open to suggestions if it can be improved at all!
Pure 360hz
85% ffb strength
0% low force boost

Wheel... sensitivity settings: This is where I need some help!
0% for deadzones (inc centre, lower & upper)
45% sensitvity - I discovered today that this setting seems to allow for 1:1 rotation between the csw wheel and the in game wheel (at least that seemed to be the case for the Stockcar 2017 using a default setup - steering lock etc) haven't really tested any other cars yet.
Pedal... sensitivity settings:
Accelerator - 0% deadzone (lower)
- 95% deadzone (upper - to guarantee full throttle when fully depressing the pedal)
- 0% sensitivity (I find the higher this is set the faster the throttle comes on and the harder the car is to control)
Brake (Load Cell) - 0% deadzone
(lower)
- 75% deadzone (upper - to get to threshhold braking without having to fully depress the brake pedal)
- 100% sensitivity (so I can use the full range of the load cell)
Clutch - 20% deadzone (lower - trying to simulate a clutch pedal travel)
- 60% deadzone (upper - again... to replicate pedal travel)
- 0% sensitivity (as with the throttle, if the sensitivity is too high it seems to act more as an on/off switch rather than a pedal) It's also hard to fully tune the clutch properly as I don't have a H shifter at the moment.

That's my current settings for AMS and any hints or tips would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers...
Jason.

I'll just comment on Sensitivity. You need to use AUTO or whatever it is called so AMS will talk to your Fanatec control panel and automagically set the right steering ratio for each car. Just set your control panel setting to the max 900 degrees and let AMS control the rest (by not specifying a degrees in Sensitivity). It's that simple.

Hi Marc...
Thanks for your input mate, much appreciated! :thumbsup: I do have the sensitivity setting on the wheel set to 'auto' on the wheel base as well as rotation at 900 degrees in the fanatec properties page. What I have found with the in game settings though is that with the 'sensitvity' set at 25% (for example) when I have the wheel showing in game and I turn my rim to 90 degrees the in game wheel doesn't turn to 90 degrees, this results in the need to turn my wheel further in order to get a car to go around any given turn in game, essentially giving me the feeling of an un-responsive car. On the other hand though, if I go the other way and set it to 75% it means the in game wheel actually turns much further than what I'm turning my rim giving me a very 'twitchy' feeling car. (hope that makes sense?)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back