CSW Panel: SRH or DSD?

Hello, since i received my Fanatec v2 base i am in the market for some button panels.
So are there people here who have either a SimRacingHardware dashboard or the DSD panels?
Looking for ideas/suggestions on both brands.
One thing i know is that DSD does not offer custom configurations as i have asked them.

I love the customer service and the quality of DSD products and would always recommend him and his products.

I have a P1 button box and Tilton style pedal pads and they look great and work really well.

Jason.

Upvote 0
I brought the P1 which is the non panel version of what your looking at, as I did not have a CSW at the time, and the feel and functionality of the rotary dials in particular for me are a stand out feature.

Jason.

Upvote 0
I've got one CSW standard panel, VERY happy with it, haven't tested the SRH version but looking at the price and the options you get for it I'd say go DSD any day of the week.
If you want something looking that wee bit more expensive and awesome then have a look at the DSD Ultra panels, I'll be upgrading to those at some point later in my life ^^

Upvote 0
I've got one CSW standard panel, VERY happy with it, haven't tested the SRH version but looking at the price and the options you get for it I'd say go DSD any day of the week.
If you want something looking that wee bit more expensive and awesome then have a look at the DSD Ultra panels, I'll be upgrading to those at some point later in my life ^^
thanks for your answer.
Just a practical question: are the panels not too far away too push/touch?
More specifically the ones on the outside of the panels?
A more curved edition would be awesome.

Upvote 0
I have my button box mounted in a home made dash to the right of my wheel and find because the buttons are of a good size and have a very tactile feel to their operation I don't have at problems locating them even without glancing down.

It just takes time to adjust to the different setup compared with what you already.

Jason.

Upvote 0
thanks for your answer.
Just a practical question: are the panels not too far away too push/touch?
More specifically the ones on the outside of the panels?
A more curved edition would be awesome.
Agreed, the one thing the SRH panel had one up on the DSD panels is the angle, but mainly because it looks cool, I can easily reach the furthest knobs on mine while racing. I'm 184 cm and I sit up while racing rather than leaning back, by that I mean that if I stretch my arm as far as possible I have my wrist on top of the wheel, which is the recommended distance from the wheel according to my driving tutor at least ^^

Upvote 0
Have the rSeat Formula which means i am more lying down. Wrists are also on the wheel if thats how it should be:D
If i imagine it in front of me:x3:, it should not be a problem.
Thanks for the advice guys.
Also looking for a self made curved dashboard so looking for some ideas.

Upvote 0
Looks like i am gonna have to build my own buttonbox. No existing box has the functions i really want. Building gives you abit more freedom of what buttons and etc you want.

The look is going to be black anodized aluminium like the fanatec wheel base. So hopefully i will find this somewhere. Placed/fixed on wood and both sides with the boxes in a angle. To have it bended, is going to be too hard, i think.

Also looking for a real size front picture/template of the fanatec v2 base.

Have some lighted buttons in mind also.
Don´t think something like this wouild work?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/19mm-Metal-...7&pid=100005&rk=4&rkt=6&sd=271783976349&rt=nc

Anyway need a template of that base first, to get started.

Upvote 0
I used to own the DSD CSW "Ultra" Panels, and while they functioned fine, I found the huge circular DSD button very unattractive. IMO, the button made an otherwise premium product appear very cheap. The red/black motif also exacerbated this (again, IMO)>

I also found some of the button choices odd. Perhaps others feel differently, but I thought the number of safety switches excessive, and would have preferred less buttons overall (remember, you receive 2 panels), but with label spacing underneath.

That said, the panels functioned without incident, and were certainly easily accessed. IIRC, the SRH panels actually angle inward (similar to triple screen wing monitors), providing perhaps an even more ergonomic configuration.

Henk

Upvote 0
Looks like i am gonna have to build my own buttonbox. No existing box has the functions i really want. Building gives you abit more freedom of what buttons and etc you want.

The look is going to be black anodized aluminium like the fanatec wheel base. So hopefully i will find this somewhere. Placed/fixed on wood and both sides with the boxes in a angle. To have it bended, is going to be too hard, i think.

Also looking for a real size front picture/template of the fanatec v2 base.

Have some lighted buttons in mind also.
Don´t think something like this wouild work?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/19mm-Metal-ON-OFF-Push-Button-12v-WIPER-Switch-RED-LED-Waterproof/281607792161?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=1&asc=29381&meid=a192976333dc44bd9953ab1b868cc947&pid=100005&rk=4&rkt=6&sd=271783976349&rt=nc

Anyway need a template of that base first, to get started.
If you're loathe to design and build your own, I know SRH offers a custom button box/panel service that may meet your needs.

Upvote 0
I used to own the DSD CSW "Ultra" Panels, and while they functioned fine, I found the huge circular DSD button very unattractive. IMO, the button made an otherwise premium product appear very cheap. The red/black motif also exacerbated this (again, IMO)>

I also found some of the button choices odd. Perhaps others feel differently, but I thought the number of safety switches excessive, and would have preferred less buttons overall (remember, you receive 2 panels), but with label spacing underneath.

That said, the panels functioned without incident, and were certainly easily accessed. IIRC, the SRH panels actually angle inward (similar to triple screen wing monitors), providing perhaps an even more ergonomic configuration.

Henk

Thanks for the response, but already purchased a buttonbox from Derek Speare.
Had the pushbuttons replaced with illuminated ones.
Started with own design but realised that i had free time against me:O_o:

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 98 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 74 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 78 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 50 6.4%