CSW base died having to use my G27

Leemstradamus

Mid pack attack!
Ok, I'm a little down about my CSW BASE DYING today. I shipped it off per their instructions and it looks like I won't have it back for close to a month!

Now the really depressing thing is after you use the rims from fanatec the g27 feels, sounds, and looks like a toy!

This is going to be a long month.

My Fanatec GT3 RS broke down today and I had it delivered brand new only yesterday, I've managed to use it for 1.5 hrs maybe......that's a bummer. German solidity, yeah, perhaps in the 1980s.... :)

Upvote 0
Update to my wheel. I'm still waiting to hear anything about mine. It arrived for repair this past Monday but I never got any confirmation from Fanatic that it arrived and return ETA. I emailed them on Thursday inquiring about it, but I've yet to hear back from them.

Upvote 0
Update to my wheel. I'm still waiting to hear anything about mine. It arrived for repair this past Monday but I never got any confirmation from Fanatic that it arrived and return ETA. I emailed them on Thursday inquiring about it, but I've yet to hear back from them.
Thanks for sharing Saleem, I hope you have a good experience with support and get your wheel back working better than ever. Having great hardware also makes going without it a bit harder.

Upvote 0
Thanks for sharing Saleem, I hope you have a good experience with support and get your wheel back working better than ever. Having great hardware also makes going without it a bit harder.
Your so right. It's killing me not having my Base. I can't drive any manual shifter cars till I get it back. Nor have I been racing the Formula cars also because I can't use my formula rim.

Upvote 0
You make a valid point, and the same can be said of products made in any country. The main issue in this case seems to be one of inconsistency in regards to the motors ability to perform under load. Ideally, there should be enough margin to allow for durability over time at full load (stall).
Whilst I agree with all statements I have to wonder: Full load?? Are you telling me you would run a CSW at 100% FF and perhaps a high gain in games like AC?? Well then that would explain it IMO. I think personally the motors are underdimensioned for the wheel. A single, strong, brushless Buehler would do, but again who the heck runs a CSW at full load? Arnie?

Upvote 0
Whilst I agree with all statements I have to wonder: Full load?? Are you telling me you would run a CSW at 100% FF and perhaps a high gain in games like AC?? Well then that would explain it IMO. I think personally the motors are underdimensioned for the wheel. A single, strong, brushless Buehler would do, but again who the heck runs a CSW at full load? Arnie?

Does Buehler make a brushless though? I'm not sure which motor is being used in the TX and T300RS but I don't think they're Buehlers and they're the only brushless motors being used at the moment that I'm aware of.

Upvote 0
I run mine at 60% force / 60% gain with presets to reduce even more when needed. My point is, I wouldn't feel confident running more than that with the CSW and it's not much stronger than a G25/G27 at those settings although, the fidelity is better IMO with the CSW.

Regarding preferred force settings, it's not just about the force strength but, also the FFB quality and at what point clipping occurs. There is a discussion about FFB wheel torque in the iRacing forums that references real-world figures being 30Nm or more peak in many cars. Granted, that's in extreme situations but, how many of the current wheels can produce that? If they can, can they do so reliably without heat fade? It seems there are a large number of people who want such a wheel according to said forum. Many question if the AccuForce will achieve those numbers. Personally, I don't need that much torque but, I would like to have the higher fidelity and reliability that comes with the extra headroom such a wheel can offer.

Upvote 0
Sigh - every time I try to justify spending a significant amount of money on a CSW, I run across a thread just like the one Saleem started.

BTW Saleem, you have your wheel back now right?

Exactly the reason why I didn't buy a Fanatec Wheel. Way too many horror stories for me. The T500 is just about bulletproof, but I still prefer the FFB feel of the TX, but there have been a few horror stories of TX's dying as well.

Upvote 0
Good business sense would dictate Fanatec have a quality engineer from their base on the next plane to China...or where ever the wheels are assembled to find out why the high rate.
Their reputation is hanging on the life cycle of their products.
As a customer, you are always going to be just a bit 'gun-shy' about purchasing products when you read horror stories after paying a small fortune.
It's especially true, if you have to 'eat' shipping cost to send a new product back.

Upvote 0
Fana pays shipping, You just have to pay it up front and they reimburse you through paypal.

How many Happy Fanatec customer's are there out there compared to the few on the forums with issue ?

$ for $ you cant compare the Immersion Factor Fana offer's and If you want that level, your just going to have to foot the bill and take the risk. I did and dont regret it one little bit. I also have 2 buddy's local to me who got Early Gen 1 wheels that are both still rockin to this day.

Worst case scenario years down the road, you go with EKrets and your laughing all the way home.

Upvote 0
Sigh - every time I try to justify spending a significant amount of money on a CSW, I run across a thread just like the one Saleem started.

BTW Saleem, you have your wheel back now right?
yeah I got it back at the end of March I think. Just had the BMW rim die with a broken pin last night :(. Waiting for the RMA information to send it back. At least it is still under warranty for another month.

Upvote 0
yeah I got it back at the end of March I think. Just had the BMW rim die with a broken pin last night :(. Waiting for the RMA information to send it back. At least it is still under warranty for another month.
Hey Saleem - do you switch rims a lot or could it be that your QR has some play that could stress the pins? I recently installed the lock-pin/bolt in my GT2 wheel mainly due to that concern.

Upvote 0
I'm going to be buying a T300RS in August and selling my T500. I really like the new brushless motor designs from Thrustmaster and have been very pleased with my TX.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back