CSW 2.5 "Notchy" feeling in centre of steering range

Hi,

Was searching for another issue (and found someone with said issue here and posted that I was experiencing the same - CSW 2.5 Oscillation thread ) and figured I'd make a seperate post for something else I experience only in AC/ACC.

In addition to that other thread, I have this strange "Notchy" feeling in the centre of my steering range that I'd like to try to get rid of somehow. It's only present in AC/ACC - other driving games, it's smooth steering. I use a Forumla V2 rim.

With the oscillation issue, I could post a video, but this I can only really describe unfortunately, but it essentially feels like there's a deadzone in the middle (yet, the game still recognizes and acts on my steering inputs within it) - going beyond it, the FFB kicks in and everything is normal again. It's mostly noticable in chicanes and areas where you need to change steering direction quickly, but you can feel it if you look for it when making a turn from holding it straight. It feels similar to what it would be like if there was 3mm of play on either side of the alignment rail/slot at the connection between the wheel and the wheel base.

Given I don't experience this in titles other than AC/ACC, I imagine it's something in the game/JSON files/LUT tables perhaps that needs to be edited, but wouldn't have the first idea of where to look, so if there's a fix, if you can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Here are my wheel/game settings (Happy to take suggestions on the game settings, aside from the oscillation and weird, notchy spot in the middle, the wheel feels great):

At the wheel:
Sens: (Varies depending on the car I'm driving, buteither 900, 540 or 360 across different profiles - for ACC, it's 900)
FFB: 70% (although, I can run F120xx or dirt rally at 100% and the issues aren't present)
shck: 100
BR ABS: Off
Drift: -5
Force: 100
Spring: 0 (seems irrelevant to have it on in anything even remotely realistic)
Damper: Off (Same as above)
FEI: 100
MPS FNC: (irrelevant, but its set to) Auto

In game (I change these often, in the hopes it might help, but never seems to - happy to try differen settings if you think these are garbage, but here is what it's currently set as):

Gain:100
Minimum Force: 0 (I read somewhere that this has helped people, but it doesn't change it)
Dynamic Damping: 20%
Road Effects: 30 %
Frequency: 333
Lock: 900
Linearity: 1
Brake Gamma: 1
Gear debouncing: (irrelevant to this, but it's set to) 50ms

Has anyone else experienced this with a Fanatec CSW 2.5 at all?? Did you manage to fix it at all and if so, how did you go about it??

Regardless of what game, I've run into issues when trying to use fanalabs (and thus, the earlier firmware required for it) or LUT tables with it, so I just end up deleting everything related to the fanatec stuff and starting fresh and let it install whatever the latest default drivers/firware are at the time - so presumably, it's got whatever is current.

SEN 900
FFB: 100%
shck: 100
BR ABS: Off
Drift: off
Force: 60
Spring:off
Damper: Off
FEI 20
MPS FNC: CONST

Gain:70
Minimum Force: 0
Dynamic Damping:100%
Road Effects 20 %
Frequency: 333
Lock: 900
Linearity: 1
Brake Gamma: 1
Gear debouncing 50ms

Try this, play with the SEN setting per track, also Force 60 or 70 depending.

Not sure if it's the same thing, but I've got a Thrustmaster TS-PC and I noticed a notchy/grainy/bumpy feeling when the wheel was centered; which instantly went away if I even turned the wheel a tiny amount. Turning off the road effects to zero solved it for me, which is something I'm happy with anyway as I'd rather just have the feel of the tyres through the feedback rather than road noise.

I've got precisely this. If anyone did find a fix let me know. As mentioned there is a 2-3mm dead zone play in the centre with no resistance, you then go out of this small area and the FFB and resistance returns. The wheel does pick up steering commands within this central dead area. I went back to playing on AMS1 and everything was fine, so it's definitely AC and more over car dependant.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 188 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 190 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 139 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 248 13.6%