CSP V2 - throttle pedal problem

Galin Dimov

SimDrive
Hi Guys,

Has anyone experienced the issue I am having with my pedals? Basically, when I press the throttle, it spikes all over the place and even fully pressed, often it doesn't register the same in the Fanatec software.
Here is a video that explains the problem far better than I can do it with words:

Does anyone have an idea how to fix it? I've tried different USB ports; stiffening/softening the pedal; re-installing the software etc with no success.

I should have said that I had the same issue right after I bought the pedals (3 days into owning them basically) with the brake and the problem was the load cell but the behavior was exactly the same

Cheers
Galin

Last edited:
Could be a potentiometer issue.
Try downloading and using DIView to check the performance of the pots.

It can also be used to tweak the settings/calibration.

Thank you David. I am not sure what to look for in DIView but if I look at the Pedals' X rotation, it shows the exact same behavior - when the pedal is fully pressed, it goes down to 25% basically and still spikes.

Upvote 0
Well it seems the pot is failing.
You can use DIView to tweak its minimum and maximum range.
IE 25% as max but you probably should order a pot. Fanatec €10 plus freight for a basic 10kb ohm unit or €3 of you do some homework!

Upvote 0
Well it seems the pot is failing.
You can use DIView to tweak its minimum and maximum range.
IE 25% as max but you probably should order a pot. Fanatec €10 plus freight for a basic 10kb ohm unit or €3 of you do some homework!

I thought setting it at 25% but the problem is it still spikes - it goes to 25; 28; 22; 0; 30 etc. so it's not going to work...it's not 25% constant. Anyway, I have dropped a mail to Fanatec for a solution.

Upvote 0
I thought setting it at 25% but the problem is it still spikes - it goes to 25; 28; 22; 0; 30 etc. so it's not going to work...it's not 25% constant. Anyway, I have dropped a mail to Fanatec for a solution.
The problem will be dirt at the side of the pedal where the Hall sensor is.

it's not a pot it works with magnetic contact.

Just take the 3 screws out carefully and clean it all thoroughly then put it all back together, it should feel like new.

I had the same problem and just cleaned the accelerator and the clutch , never had any more problems

Hope this helps you

Cheers

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Funny enough to just had to clean the magnet behind the sensor just last week before the 12 hour of Sebring race on iRacing as the throttle pedal was spiking.

It's Something I have had to about three times in the couple of years I have had the pedals, in my case it's generally a build up of dog hair !

A few things to check and try as well,

If your pedals ever play up try another USB port as this can sort a few issues out, make sure it's a USB2 port as they prefer that.

Please becareful when taking the casing for the sensor on the side of the throttle pedal off as there are three very small plastic spacers in between sensor and pedal and they can roll for miles, don't ask me how I know ! And when tightening up those small Allen key bolts only pinch them up just enough that it holds the sensor in place as it's very very easy to over do it and bend the casing crushing it down on to the sensor.

Also if you turn the pedals up side down you will see a very small Allen key bolt in the section between the pedal outer edges that holds the bar with the magnet on in place and this can sometimes come lose allowing some play in the bar meaning that the sensor does not always pick up the full travel of the pedal.

These little fixes are a little fiddly but only take a few minutes and only really need to be once in a while and really do help to keep the pedals in as new condition.

Jason.

Upvote 0
I had the exact same problem with my V2's what I did was replaced the censor and that fixed the problem. My problem was with both the brake and accelerated pedals.

Upvote 0
I had the exact same problem with my V2's what I did was replaced the censor and that fixed the problem. My problem was with both the brake and accelerated pedals.

Yes I guess will be the same. Tried cleaning everything but still the same unfortunately. Fanatec replied that it's a faulty sensor and already sent me a new sensor.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Keep an eye on that issue relative to time.
I had the very same with my set of V1 Clubsport pedals.
I cleaned them, checked security of the three screws holding the sensor and after none of that fixed it, I replaced the sensor.
That seemed to fix it.
A few month later, it again started happening.
Once more, the sensor was replaced.
A few more months....and you guessed it.....same thing.
This time I looked a bit further.
I elected to replace the main circuit board at the pedals....and that fixed it.
Have not had any problems since.
No spiking, no loss of max throttle, no USB disconnects etc...

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing