Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
I think Zusty, not at my pc now. Should I remove PP filters? or only use a specific one for sol?
Maybe this one is not prepared to switch off godrays at night. If you like this one, try to activate "godrays controlled by Sol" in Sol Config app. Page 2 or 3.

Otherwise try Sol_Extra filter and maybe inform the creator of this filter, that godrays control is missing.

Last edited:
Thank you for this wonderful app. Unfortunately for now the planner is not really usable during races. But I guess it will be fixed soon. Each time it's transitioning from a weather to an another one it will have 3 or more seconds freeze. Enough to make you go to a wall. 1 freeze is already too much. In the worse scenario It's 8 freezes per race...

Thank you for this wonderful app. Unfortunately for now the planner is not really usable during races. But I guess it will be fixed soon. Each time it's transitioning from a weather to an another one it will have 3 or more seconds freeze. Enough to make you go to a wall. 1 freeze is already too much. In the worse scenario It's 8 freezes per race...
Which cloud render method do you use? 0, 2d clouds?

hello , sorry for my english.
my game doesn't start when i'm in 0.1.74 and sol 2.1.3
i can't put over 0.1.60
i had this message :

Error might have something to do with:

AC\racemanager.cpp (351): RaceManager::initOffline

AC\racemanager.cpp (174): RaceManager::loadSessions

AC\sim.cpp (320): Sim::Sim

AC\splashscreen.cpp (319): SplashScreen::postRender

AC\game.cpp (181): Game::onIdle

AC\game.cpp (210): Game::run

AC\acs.cpp (477): wWinMain

f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup

please can you help me ?

Attachments

• log.txt
    27.1 KB · Views: 43
Привет, 2 дня назад я загрузил sol 2.1.3, и я не могу понять, где включить облачные тени. Просто я не видел теней в sol 2.0, но на снимках видно разницу между 2.0 и 2.1. Ps Я из России, поэтому перевожу через Google translator. Если вы ответите, я буду вам очень благодарен.

Hi, 2 days ago I downloaded sol 2.1.3 and I can't figure out where to enable cloud shadows. It's just that I didn't see shadows in sol 2.0, but the pictures show the difference between 2.0 and 2.1. Ps I am from Russia, so I translate through google translator. If you answer, I will be grateful.

Hi Peter, it's an unbelievably awesome mod!

I have one issue though, Sol Extra and Sol Extra Reinhard ppfilters have too dark shadows/AO in some cases where the lighting is harsh (like Clear weather at Noon). Because of this the details in the dark become indistinguishable. Lowering AO_visiblity in sol config seems to fix it.

The vanilla Sol ppfilter doesn't have this issue. Is this an intentional choice?

I have attached screenshots for comparison.
ACS Screenshot 2021.07.17 - 20.12.19.23.jpg
ACS Screenshot 2021.07.17 - 20.12.00.45.jpg

Hi Peter, it's an unbelievably awesome mod!

I have one issue though, Sol Extra and Sol Extra Reinhard ppfilters have too dark shadows/AO in some cases where the lighting is harsh (like Clear weather at Noon). Because of this the details in the dark become indistinguishable. Lowering AO_visiblity in sol config seems to fix it.

The vanilla Sol ppfilter doesn't have this issue. Is this an intentional choice?

I have attached screenshots for comparison. View attachment 488667View attachment 488669
I work on that in Sol 2.2 alpha. So it's because of the different tonemapping. It will be fixed in the future...

Last edited:
CSP and SOL working as expected, with brilliant thunderstorms and heavy rain..but no snow. Sol Planner 1.4 is working correctly, but when I manually choose heavy snow..nothing happens, the sky changes but no snow actually happens. Sleet also does nothing.

In CM, Settings-CSP-WeatherFX I have tried with Use seasonal adjustments on and off

Rain is working properly, which makes me think CSP/SOL is also working properly but..

Has anyone been able to make it successfully snow?

Attachments

• nosnow.JPG
    nosnow.JPG
    169.5 KB · Views: 100
Ah, just a mixup then. See when I read the text as "snow" I expected that it meant snow, how stupid of me. Then when I see the snowflake icon, I would incorrectly think there would be snow.

Apparently, the point of putting the snow text and icon in Sol was to only create confusion. Why else add a function that does not do what it says?

Much appreciated, your input really moves the conversation forward.

The next time I see a sign and icon I will be sure to think twice and not presume that it means what it says. You have given me a new outlook on life. Simply brilliant

Attachments

• OIP (6).jpg
    OIP (6).jpg
    15 KB · Views: 60
Anyone know how to potentially alter an .ini to help with the following?

I have CSP set to display fireworks at night and at end of race (works great). But if I initiate a heavy thunderstorm at noon, the sky gets quite dark and fireworks begin as the fireworks are under the impression that it is night time.

The issue must be with CSP and not Sol, is there a way to tell fireworks that night=time_specific as opposed to dark_specific?

My root issue is that I cannot hear thunder during the thunderstorm since the fireworks are going off. Before you reply with "just turn fireworks off", please save yourself the energy, otherwise what is the point of editing multiple mods?

In particles_fx.ini my settings are

[FIREWORKS]
BEHAVIOUR=12
LIMIT_SMOKE=2000

I doubt what I am asking is possible, but just wanted to check with you experts. Thanks in advance

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back