General CSP Recommended Version

Thanks again for your help, I suffered for a long time, but I could not configure 1.73 to look like 1.60.
the main problems in my opinion
1.reflections (seen in the screenshots, although screenshots are reduced)
2.chrome, looks like plastic on version 1.73. (I mostly drive vintage cars, and there is chrome everywhere, it looks bad)
3. shadows, this is no comment at all. look at the shadow on the dashboard, from the tachometer. yes, here the dashboard is dark, and it is not so noticeable that the shadow is much further than its normal position. but when the dashboard is light, these irregular shadows are immediately visible.
while I stay at 1.60, it is possible that something will be fixed further.
1 screen - 1.73
2 screen - 1.60

Attachments

• 1.73.png
    1.73.png
    1 MB · Views: 193
  • 1.60.png
    1.60.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 205
Hi guys,

First of all i apologize for opening new threat, but somehow the search function do not work for me since today :unsure:
And i did not find any topic about the Custom Shader Patch ...

Right now i am still stick to the CSP 1.60 Version i am satisfied with. Everything is running, no troubles.
Since i do not use CM there are no updates which them i could have issues.
I manage all the option through the ini.files and its ok for me.

(Please do not ask why i do not use CM :D i alreadly explained few times in other threadts)

But one thing is - the verison is quiet outdated already and more and more new mods benefit from new versions.
The second thing is - i read somewhere, there was a huge performance upgrade within a 1.7xxx version !?

So my question to you CM and CSP users is - which version is recommended right now? Most stable, most compatible and of course with best features i shouldn`t miss ?
The official side of course stil says the 1.60 is recommended but i think the most people uses newer versions already.

Appriciate every advice. Thanks. :)
CM CSP Sol is a work in progress. The "buggy", "not tested", "recommended" state is very subjective. So imo the "recommended" state will not happen anymore. You have to simply try the CSP versions. For Sol 2.1 I recommend CSP 1.72 or 1.74 or better the CSP 1.75preview1 to have RainFX.

I am switching CSP versions while development and I can say the term "buggy" is very different in terms of what you are using. If you are driving in single player and you just use the normal stuff, you wouldn't notice a bug. But it could also be it leads to crashes. You have to try. This is a very big modding community with many different users of different skills. Actually there are much mods which will kill CSP features by its using and then people call out its CSP again.

Last edited:
Hi,

i dig that one out again, because i am still looking for my favorite CSP. Maybe you guys have some new opinions.

Right now i am mostly running a 1.73preview version, because it`s probably the last one with properly working "new flames" feature - which one become like my favorite feature.
Negative about it the performance is not that good as the later CSPs but for me still good.
Problems occures while sometimes track surfaces are like "out of glass" or parts of bulidings becomes white.

So my second go-to CSP is the 1.76prev92
- here the "new flames" are not working anymore, but i can also live with that.
The problem here is - some tracks remains "black" after loading. Just black-screen.

So right now i am switching between those 2 versions.

I have also tested the new 1.76prev134
Still no "new flames" but great performance and no "black-screens"
The biggest issue is - All cars are missing exhaust smoke, which is kind of gamebreaker.

So i can live with the CSP but never a version i want stick with.

Just for information i am running CSP and newest SOL without CM.
Everything manually adjusting the ini.files.

Greets

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back