General CSP Recommended Version

Hi guys,

First of all i apologize for opening new threat, but somehow the search function do not work for me since today :unsure:
And i did not find any topic about the Custom Shader Patch ...

Right now i am still stick to the CSP 1.60 Version i am satisfied with. Everything is running, no troubles.
Since i do not use CM there are no updates which them i could have issues.
I manage all the option through the ini.files and its ok for me.

(Please do not ask why i do not use CM :D i alreadly explained few times in other threadts)

But one thing is - the verison is quiet outdated already and more and more new mods benefit from new versions.
The second thing is - i read somewhere, there was a huge performance upgrade within a 1.7xxx version !?

So my question to you CM and CSP users is - which version is recommended right now? Most stable, most compatible and of course with best features i shouldn`t miss ?
The official side of course stil says the 1.60 is recommended but i think the most people uses newer versions already.

Appriciate every advice. Thanks. :)

I'll stick with 0.160...never touch a running system and I did not come along any mod that does not work with 0.160.

Last edited:
I reckon this list should be available somewhere. Anyway:
1616649474957.png

As you can see I'm on 0.1.73 and I experience no issues at all.
Best thing is to just try and if you run into problems, revert back.

I reckon this list should be available somewhere. Anyway:
View attachment 457966

hovering the mouse over the "untested" or "buggy" should show you the changelog, with known issues at the bottom. An additional issue is that configs for cars and tracks will slowly be adjusted to the most recent version by their maker if it stays "non-buggy" for long enough, and those configs then may cause issuues with older versions.

Did you see a performance boost compared to earlier versions?

yes definetly is, but without CM it´s not a job of 5minutes. I have to fumble around with tons of ini files.
Therefor i first ask if its worthy.

I had no performance issues before, and I experience no performance issues now. I have VSync enabled so it's at 60 fps all the time. So I can't tell if it improved or got worse :p

You can always use CM just to manage CSP versions and use the standard launcher to play the game.

question for guys using csp 1.73. How do you solve the problem of non-burning taillights in most of the cars in front of you? as you can see in the screenshots, only 3-4 nearby cars have taillights. the second screenshot is 1.60 where the taillights are on for all cars. all csp settings in both screenshots are the same (default)

Attachments

• 0.1.73.png
    0.1.73.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 306
  • 0.1.60.png
    0.1.60.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 297
@alexlockout Most likely it's related to an optimization that is not available via GUI by default in one of two ways (lod swaps or disappearing objs), and 0.1.60 vs 0.1.73 come with different settings.
Please backup and open assettocorsa\extension\config\graphics_adjustments.ini.
Look for [VISIBLE_CARS] (if you delete the "; hidden" line this will become available via CM GUI), and on the MAIN= change it to something like MAIN=28, 28, 28, 200 instead of the default with shorter first 3 numbers to test. (read the description in there to understand what each value refers to) If it helped, then check the 0.1.60 values a bit later in this post.

The tl;dr, is that there is a forced cap to limit the max amount of lods of a certain type displayed on screen regardless of the car's own lods.ini distances, as a way to reduce DIP, so it'll be most obvious in a standing grid ahead of you that'll trigger it the most. Because of this, a lod without emissives set (or completely missing objs for that) on lodB or C can be shown closer than intended, so you won't see lights on it. Other issue that it can cause, due to lod swaps and the optimizations, are occasional missing transparent pieces on the rear lights which could also have been used to setup emissives. This applies also to lodA-only cars.
The "un"-tweak above relaxes these limits a lot, so csp will be very unlikely to swap lods during normal usage, avoiding either simpler lods up close or missing obj. bugs. But beware that cpu usage can increase back a lot on some mods. For reference, 0.1.60 used MAIN=3, 8, 16, 28 vs current MAIN=2, 4, 10, 200 for 0.1.73, allowing a greater number of higher detailed lods to show, so you can try it for a lesser loss in performance than 28,28,28,x (but still, it won't prevent the missing bits for some mods the moment you allow swaps to occur).
Another small note, even if you completely remove the [VISIBLE_CARS] section, some fallback default values will still be applied, so the only way to "disable" it is by relaxing values in a way that they aren't applied. Same goes for OUTSIDE_MAIN=, SPECTATING_MAIN=, MIRROR=, whether for exterior cameras or lods displayed on your mirror.

Earlier versions like 0.1.63-0.1.72 can be more prone to cause missing parts, like rear windscreens or even wheels (in extreme cases, whole car body obj, but only noticed it on a couple of mods). A small range of earlier versions including 0.1.68 (still, probably the most stable to recommend for Sol 2.02 atm) can have way too strict MIRROR= values, so a few cars behind you up close on mirror can noticeably fail to display light emissives at night.

Last edited:
Ok, the difference was just related to lod caps/distances then, the 0.1.60 main= settings were pretty ok on most scenarios, but can still limit the visible brake lights on a grid depending on mod and its lods+emissives (even if not for that car). The suggestion for 28,28,28,200 to debug was mostly in case it was instead the result of a rarer objs missing situation caused by the optimization, for which 0.1.60 values wouldn't solve under >0.1.63.

Last edited:

АллеяViper

went through several cars, this problem was not on all cars. at 1.73 I registered such data
MAIN = 6, 12, 24, 200
GBUFFER = 3, 6, 12, 24
SHADOWS = 3, 6, 6, 24

OUTSIDE_MAIN = 6, 12, 24, 200
OUTSIDE_GBUFFER = 3, 6, 12, 24
OUTSIDE_SHADOWS = 3, 6, 6, 24

SPECTATING_MAIN = 6, 12, 24, 200
SPECTATING_GBUFFER = 3, 6, 12, 24
SPECTATING_SHADOWS = 3, 6, 6, 24
now all visible cars have lit taillights, fps has dropped, but it is still higher than 1.60. but the picture on csp 1.73 is something I don't like, especially the reflections.

Very recent csp versions have optimizations for reflections to reduce DIP, so they can look different.
On reflections fx, see if unselecting "prefilter reflections to improve general look" helps. If not, you'll probably have to test disabling on the general page both "speed up reflection rendering" and the "sse accelerated aabb culling..." just bellow it (might help with missing stuff on them compared to old csp versions).

Edit: There were significant changes on the sky shader on >0.1.63 and >0.1.69 which could be contributing to a different look. If you're using a 3d clouds sol render, 0.1.73 in particular will fail to cast shadows from clouds.

If picture quality looks blurry overall vs older csp versions, unselect "use custom msaa resolve" under graphics adjustments (under the new msaa tweaks section). While it can help a lot with stuff like AT on amd cards to reduce the perceived dither or blend such elements better, overall image sharpness will suffer and it can cause emissives showing as distant 1 or 2 pixels on screen to disappear. They'll be eaten by the influence of other pixels around them when using this msaa new resolve (ex., a distant led matrix on rear lights of a car, or track elements like digital clocks made of dots).

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 99 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing