CSP not improving graphics?

Anyone else had issue with CSP not improving graphics? I've recently been able to get Assetto Corsa working reasonably well on my upgraded PC, and I can now run 24 car field of cars in VR, with the settings pretty high. But one thing that's bothering me is I can't get AC to look anywhere near the level that I see shared in so many Youtube videos. I am running the latest CSP (1.75), latest Sol, have it enabled everywhere I could find in Content Manager, and have tried a couple different PP installs (most recently tried A3PP)... But my AC never looks as amazing, even if I watch a replay on a single screen with everything set to full... In fact, it doesn't really look any better than original AC... Very dated and vanilla. Even the clouds look pretty basic. With so many features and add-ons in CM, its probably real easy to miss something (but I've looked everywhere). Is there a setting somewhere I may have missed? Where should I look first? Is anyone else having this issue?

Have you ever installed previous weather mods other than Sol - and did you manually uninstall them. And have you used previous versions of Sol and manually uninstalled them. I'm just querying as I had the same sort of problem and I put it down to installing and then uninstalling weather mods that weren't Sol. I was lucky and had a backup mirror image of Assetto to pinch files from - do you have that?

First reinstall the same version of the CSP patch incase something has gone weird. If no joy, back it up first so you can put it back incase it's not it - but maybe you could delete the assetto documents folder and see what happens - you will have to start sort of fresh with your assetto settings.

Edit: Maybe look in the weather folder FIRST to see if the Sol weather files are there and there hasn't been some sort of weird thing going on - content folder at the bottom.

Edit 2: If none of the above works then I'd delete assetto document folder plus the content manager folder in c/users/your account name/local. Rename or back up elsewhete both first.
I just checked the weather folder and all of the Sol folders are indeed in there. All I know is the clods in-game don't look nearly as good as they do in those preview images they have in each folder.

OK, I just did some testing with it set to the Sol_Extra PP Filter, and between Overcast_Sol (first screen shot) and Original Heavy Clouds (second screen shot) and for both the clouds look identical. I would think the Sol clouds would look a lot better, shouldn't they? I also did a screen shot of Original Heavy Clouds while using Default PP Filter (third screen shot), and it does look different, but not as different as I would expect. What do you think?

Also, are you guys using ReShade?

Overcast_Sol  using Sol_Extra.jpg

1) "Overcast_Sol" weather, using Sol_Extra PP Filter

Original Heavy Clouds using Sol_Extra.jpg

2) Original "Heavy Clouds" weather, using Sol_Extra PP Filter

Original Heavy Clouds using Default.jpg

3) Original "Heavy Clouds" weather, using Default PP Filter

Well, guess what guys, I finally figured out what one of my biggest issues was (and its a little embarrassing to admit), but it has to do with when I upgraded my computer a few months back and I reinstalled Windows 10... Microsoft wasn't allowing me to use my correct product key for activating Windows (probably because of the number of times I've upgraded and re-installed), so I just kept putting it off getting it reactivated. I had been told that not activating windows has little effect... But that was definitely wrong. Even my controllers were starting to act up. I finally got Microsoft on the phone and had Windows Support help me to get it re-activated. The guy I talked to told me if you don't activate Windows 10, it will gradually start acting up more & more. But he didn't make it clear they would be having to do a complete re-install of Windows... And I ended up losing all of my race sim installs... including all the special Can-Am skins I had created and other stuff... Pretty frustrating. The good news is now AC is looking much better... I just need to keep tweaking things a little more for VR to work right. Btw, nobody answered my question regarding the use of ReShade... Do you all use it?

Last edited:
hello guys I hope all is well, I have watched several youtube videos and have been trying different things with sol and my settings, but my game still looks garbage, and Im not sure what to do.

It would be helpful to post your settings both the Nvdia/AMD GPU settings and the CM settings. PC specs could also be interesting as some still expecting a nice eye candy while running a old laptop with the intel onboard GPU.

For starters, maybe you have an conflict in your settings, set everything in your Nvidia or AMD (AC specific) control settings to application controlled or shutdown to off.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 99 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 178 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 495 39.2%