CSP not improving graphics?

Anyone else had issue with CSP not improving graphics? I've recently been able to get Assetto Corsa working reasonably well on my upgraded PC, and I can now run 24 car field of cars in VR, with the settings pretty high. But one thing that's bothering me is I can't get AC to look anywhere near the level that I see shared in so many Youtube videos. I am running the latest CSP (1.75), latest Sol, have it enabled everywhere I could find in Content Manager, and have tried a couple different PP installs (most recently tried A3PP)... But my AC never looks as amazing, even if I watch a replay on a single screen with everything set to full... In fact, it doesn't really look any better than original AC... Very dated and vanilla. Even the clouds look pretty basic. With so many features and add-ons in CM, its probably real easy to miss something (but I've looked everywhere). Is there a setting somewhere I may have missed? Where should I look first? Is anyone else having this issue?

Maybe try Sol extra filter first. With a3pp did you put in just the filter or also the sol config for it? Tbh, i noticed the lastest csp 176 looks very saturated but then im using sol 1.5.1 which works great with csp 1.46 but not so great with latest csp.

Last edited:
This kind of implies CSP isn't active. Does the version number show in the loading screen text?
Thank you for your response webcrumb. It does say CSP when loading, but it is so quick that I can't read anything else. But I do know that CSP is loading, And I've been trying both CSP 1.75 and 1.74, so I don't think that's the problem here.

Maybe try Sol extra filter first. With a3pp did you put in just the filter or also the sol config for it? Tbh, i noticed the lastest csp 176 looks very saturated but then im using sol 1.5.1 which works great with csp 1.46 but not so great with latest csp.
Thank you for the response dwightyone. I have mostly been trying to run Sol extra. I've only ran CSP 1.68, 1.74, and 1.75 (didn't know there's a 1.76). Maybe I should try earlier versions of CSP & Sol and see how they look?

Last edited:
Thank you for the response dwightyone. I have mostly been trying to run Sol extra. I've only ran CSP 1.68, 1.74, and 1.75 (didn't know there's a 1.76). Maybe I should try earlier versions of CSP & Sol and see how they look?

Yep, 1.76 on patreon. I know you probably have but have you selected Sol in the both drop down menus in weatherfx. Also, if you have, and it's the same result in the same drop down weather fx menus - instead, select the base versions (by csp) in both drop down menus that come with weatherfx and see if that works. If it doesnt then have you been back and fore uninstalling different sol versions and if you have, has this been done manually? Still no joy? For some reasons certain versions of content manager and later csp combos leave the weatherfx drop down menu blank by default and you have to select from drop down menu - whereas other combos it's the box is blank and you can't access drop down menu either and you have to type Sol in to the box.

Last edited:
Yep, 1.76 on patreon. I know you probably have but have you selected Sol in the both drop down menus in weatherfx. Also, if you have, and it's the same result in the same drop down weather fx menus - instead, select the base versions (by csp) in both drop down menus that come with weatherfx and see if that works. If it doesnt then have you been back and fore uninstalling different sol versions and if you have, has this been done manually? Still no joy? For some reasons certain versions of content manager and later csp combos leave the weatherfx drop down menu blank by default and you have to select from drop down menu - whereas other combos it's the box is blank and you can't access drop down menu either and you have to type Sol in to the box.
Yes, both the Controller Script and the Weather Script drop downs were set to Sol 2.1. I tried choosing default from the drop downs, and then it looks even worse.

Start a session with Nordschleife Tourist please, I know exactly how this has to look like, I dont care about the car, and make a screenshots with activated app "Sol Weather". So we know what you are running and if everything is running correctly.

Start a session with Nordschleife Tourist please, I know exactly how this has to look like, I dont care about the car, and make a screenshots with activated app "Sol Weather". So we know what you are running and if everything is running correctly.
Thank you Pfalzdriver, I'll give that a go tonight and try to get screenshots loaded asap.

OK, its taken me a few days because something really strange has been going on... Right before I went to run the test at Nordschleife Tourist as you had suggested, I decided to check and make sure my nvidia control panel settings were still dialed in. Even though I had been running AC a little before that, when I opened Nvidia control panel, under Program Settings, something generic was showing in the pulldown. So I selected AC in the pulldown and then went to run the test. Right away I noticed something was quite different from how AC had looked previously, and as I drove around the track, it looked really great. I'll share 4 screenshots from that which I did 3 days ago.

But then tonight, I because I want to get into making videos from my AC replays, I downloaded & installed Nvidia GeForce Experience so I could use Shadowplay (alt + F9 to recored). But when I fired, it had turned to ****... In fact the graphics looked even worse than before. So I then uninstalled GeForce Experience (which I have heard bad things about), went in to see if all my Nvidia settings looked normal under the AC program settings, and tried running it again... Still looked pretty bad. So it looks like my problem may be related somehow to what my nvidia drivers are functioning I think... What do you think?

Before I share the screenshots, here are my main pc specs:

ThermalTake Core V21 Case
Asus ROG Strix Z490-G Gaming motherboard
Intel Core i7-10700K (OC'd right now to just 4.90GHz
Asus Strix RTX 2080 nvidia video card (466.63 drivers)
Corsair Vengence LPX DDR4 32Gb memory
Corsair H100i Capellix liquid CPU cooler
Windows 10 64-bit Home edition

OK, here's my screens from 3 nights ago that I think looked pretty good:

Attachments

• 3 Track Screenie1.jpg
    3 Track Screenie1.jpg
    553.2 KB · Views: 272
  • 4 Track Screenie2.jpg
    4 Track Screenie2.jpg
    547.8 KB · Views: 302
  • 5 Track Screenie3.jpg
    5 Track Screenie3.jpg
    581.9 KB · Views: 300
  • 6 Track Screenie4.jpg
    6 Track Screenie4.jpg
    468.4 KB · Views: 283
OK, its taken me a few days because something really strange has been going on... Right before I went to run the test at Nordschleife Tourist as you had suggested, I decided to check and make sure my nvidia control panel settings were still dialed in. Even though I had been running AC a little before that, when I opened Nvidia control panel, under Program Settings, something generic was showing in the pulldown. So I selected AC in the pulldown and then went to run the test. Right away I noticed something was quite different from how AC had looked previously, and as I drove around the track, it looked really great. I'll share 4 screenshots from that which I did 3 days ago.

But then tonight, I because I want to get into making videos from my AC replays, I downloaded & installed Nvidia GeForce Experience so I could use Shadowplay (alt + F9 to recored). But when I fired, it had turned to ****... In fact the graphics looked even worse than before. So I then uninstalled GeForce Experience (which I have heard bad things about), went in to see if all my Nvidia settings looked normal under the AC program settings, and tried running it again... Still looked pretty bad. So it looks like my problem may be related somehow to what my nvidia drivers are functioning I think... What do you think?

Before I share the screenshots, here are my main pc specs:

ThermalTake Core V21 Case
Asus ROG Strix Z490-G Gaming motherboard
Intel Core i7-10700K (OC'd right now to just 4.90GHz
Asus Strix RTX 2080 nvidia video card (466.63 drivers)
Corsair Vengence LPX DDR4 32Gb memory
Corsair H100i Capellix liquid CPU cooler
Windows 10 64-bit Home edition

OK, here's my screens from 3 nights ago that I think looked pretty good:
And here's my screenshots from this evening when everything went to crap on me:

Attachments

• screenie1.jpg
    screenie1.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 252
  • screenie2.jpg
    screenie2.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 510
  • screenie3.jpg
    screenie3.jpg
    493.2 KB · Views: 250
  • screenie4.jpg
    screenie4.jpg
    426 KB · Views: 244
  • Screenie5.jpg
    Screenie5.jpg
    436.4 KB · Views: 241
  • screenie6.jpg
    screenie6.jpg
    558.1 KB · Views: 256
Is the time of day the same in both sets of screenshots?

It looks like the earlier set has the sun at a low angle, the second set looks to be more around noon, so the lighting will be different.

I can see GrassFX active in both sets, so CSP is working.

Last edited:
Not sure but to me it looks like Sol is not activated properly even though it is ON in the settings but I agree with webcrumb - a screen shot at the same time would be better, as Sol and the lighting can look awesome at certain times of the day whereas midday not so much.

The way I judge whether Sol is on or not (apart from looking in CSP) is if the sky is proper blue like summer beautiful blue - default Assetto blue looks pale and washed out meh on my screens

Last edited:
Not sure but to me it looks like Sol is not activated properly even though it is ON in the settings but I agree with webcrumb - a screen shot at the same time would be better, as Sol and the lighting can look awesome at certain times of the day whereas midday not so much.

The way I judge whether Sol is on or not (apart from looking in CSP) is if the sky is proper blue like summer beautiful blue - default Assetto blue looks pale and washed out meh on my screens
The sky does look very pale and washed out. So do the clouds... like they have no detail. I can't help but think that since CM & CSP have so many, many different settings that I have something set incorrectly by accident... That's what I was hoping to hear here is what settings to look at, because its crazy how many there are. I was also hoping to get input on the best Nvidia Control Panel settings. I guess I'm going to try and just re-install everything. Its just so frustrating.

Have you ever installed previous weather mods other than Sol - and did you manually uninstall them. And have you used previous versions of Sol and manually uninstalled them. I'm just querying as I had the same sort of problem and I put it down to installing and then uninstalling weather mods that weren't Sol. I was lucky and had a backup mirror image of Assetto to pinch files from - do you have that?

First reinstall the same version of the CSP patch incase something has gone weird. If no joy, back it up first so you can put it back incase it's not it - but maybe you could delete the assetto documents folder and see what happens - you will have to start sort of fresh with your assetto settings.

Edit: Maybe look in the weather folder FIRST to see if the Sol weather files are there and there hasn't been some sort of weird thing going on - content folder at the bottom.

Edit 2: If none of the above works then I'd delete assetto document folder plus the content manager folder in c/users/your account name/local. Rename or back up elsewhete both first.

Edit 3: You could also clean out the extension folder in your core assetto install but leave in place anything to do with tracks and car configs and stuff related to either - you dont want to be deleting them otherwise you'll end up re-downloading and reinstalling some tracks and cars if you want the goodies to work. I'd then reinstall CSP and drop/reinstall overwrite Sol again.

Edit 4: Steam integrity check - your track and car mods stay put. With this I'd go as clean as posdible and 3ould delete documents, plus content manager in c local, plus i would reinstall csp, and would reinstall Sol.

The last thing I would want is a full delete and reinstall as installing all mod tracks and cars takes hunting down and overall takes longer.

All the above is what I would do but i'm not the most experienced so others might have better solutions.

Last edited:
Have you ever installed previous weather mods other than Sol - and did you manually uninstall them. And have you used previous versions of Sol and manually uninstalled them. I'm just querying as I had the same sort of problem and I put it down to installing and then uninstalling weather mods that weren't Sol. I was lucky and had a backup mirror image of Assetto to pinch files from - do you have that?

First reinstall the same version of the CSP patch incase something has gone weird. If no joy, back it up first so you can put it back incase it's not it - but maybe you could delete the assetto documents folder and see what happens - you will have to start sort of fresh with your assetto settings.

Edit: Maybe look in the weather folder FIRST to see if the Sol weather files are there and there hasn't been some sort of weird thing going on - content folder at the bottom.

Edit 2: If none of the above works then I'd delete assetto document folder plus the content manager folder in c/users/your account name/local. Rename or back up elsewhete both first.
I just checked the weather folder and all of the Sol folders are indeed in there. All I know is the clods in-game don't look nearly as good as they do in those preview images they have in each folder.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 504 39.0%