CSP/NeckFX Fun

This is copy from reddit where I posted exactly same thing.

Yo hello!

I don't know how many of you have been experimentin with NeckFX settings with CSP. Or really care but anyway.

I have been experimenting in past with RealHeadMotion software but never was really satisfied of effect. So back when CSP introduced NeckFX function, I've been experimenting with it. And I think I have found sweetspot.

This is not for everyone as so many of us like static camera as 1st person. And this effect might be distracting for many when at track and whilst racing. But try these settings on a online cruise or just as experience of your own.

I'll put down screencaps from my settings. If you have used realheadmotion, just unregister dll's. Because this won't work with it.

Just approach these settings like you're driving as in IRL. You feed gently into corners as you don't overdrive your cars before some feel what it does given what you're doing behind the wheel.

Point of all this is to get feeling what car is doing. As this is self adaptive, understeery cars give different effect from oversteery cars.

I'm currently using very low POV(33) as I have 42 inch screen to drive with but this works up to 45 degrees.

I'm not going to explain more of this because it needs to be feel. And if you have VR, please put same effects to VR section of NeckFX and report back since I don't currently have powerful PC enough to have VR so I have no idea how it works with it.

But anyway, with my own experiments, how you feel your car is uncanny. Just start slow, preferably with road car and find youself pushing like (tiny minded word) very soon.

r/assettocorsa - CSP/NeckFX fun
Please report me back since I have nothing to add to these settings at the moment.

Last edited:
Please report me back since I have nothing to add to these settings at the moment.
Cool thing. I am also interested in this feature, because i am not able to run VR or other head motion solutions (heavy motion sickness).

I tried a bit with the original CSP settings, but could not find a sweet spot for me. I will try your settings at weekend.

You suggest a max POV of 45. Im am running a 34`curved display with a 52 POV at the moment. Would you recommend for me to test at 45 POV or should i play with another parameters?
Personaly I don`t like low POV settings cause i become deconcetrated fast.

Cool thing. I am also interested in this feature, because i am not able to run VR or other head motion solutions (heavy motion sickness).

I tried a bit with the original CSP settings, but could not find a sweet spot for me. I will try your settings at weekend.

You suggest a max POV of 45. Im am running a 34`curved display with a 52 POV at the moment. Would you recommend for me to test at 45 POV or should i play with another parameters?
Personaly I don`t like low POV settings cause i become deconcetrated fast.
You need to test it first. And test it by driving slowly at first and take in effects what they do. And you need to put those G-force effects in too.

Keep your preferred pov settings. I prefer lower pov but I'll do testing with 52 pov and see what happens.

Attachments

• NeckFX_Settings03.png
    NeckFX_Settings03.png
    64.6 KB · Views: 92
  • NeckFX_Settings04.png
    NeckFX_Settings04.png
    92 KB · Views: 99

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline