CSL Elite pedals input inconsistency / wobble / jittering ?

Joakim Stensnæs

Cetrez Nitor Velox
Ye o/

I've been pretty exstatic over my CSL Elite LC pedals, but I've just now discovered an issue with the input on my throttle and my load cell brake pedals.

Here's a picture from motec, showing the throttle application between two different laps. The black line is from a few days ago with no issues. The green one has just been recorded. Also seems to be a slight dead-zone on the throttle pedal now.
2nAdYh6.png

Anytime I change the input on the throttle (or brake), the input wobbles/jitters/vibrates, whatever you want to call it. But it seemingly only happens when I CHANGE the amount of applied throttle, etc going from 20%-50%. When at a stable amount of input, no jittering seems to happen.

Anyone have any ideas?

I've tried:
- Restarting pc
- Recalibrating the wheel
- Flashing the firmware

I have to unmount my pedals to contact fanatec, and can't do that before tonight, so I thought I'd put up a post and ask if anyone had a similar issue and they figured out a fix.

Ye o/

I've been pretty exstatic over my CSL Elite LC pedals, but I've just now discovered an issue with the input on my throttle and my load cell brake pedals.

Here's a picture from motec, showing the throttle application between two different laps. The black line is from a few days ago with no issues. The green one has just been recorded. Also seems to be a slight dead-zone on the throttle pedal now.
2nAdYh6.png

Anytime I change the input on the throttle (or brake), the input wobbles/jitters/vibrates, whatever you want to call it. But it seemingly only happens when I CHANGE the amount of applied throttle, etc going from 20%-50%. When at a stable amount of input, no jittering seems to happen.

Anyone have any ideas?

I've tried:
- Restarting pc
- Recalibrating the wheel
- Flashing the firmware

I have to unmount my pedals to contact fanatec, and can't do that before tonight, so I thought I'd put up a post and ask if anyone had a similar issue and they figured out a fix.

Cheers

Upvote 0
I've ordered the same pedals so will be interested to hear if you resolved your issues. I did see a youtube video the other week for a review of third party replacement potentiometers (I think a Spanish company) which may be an option if you are out of warranty. Apologies I had a quick look but can't find the specific video now.

Upvote 0

Here you go ;)

Although i don´t own them I´ve read alot about the potentiometers of the CSL Elite.
But I can´t imagine how that would distort the signal from the loadcell.

Good luck Carsten

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back