Csl elite pedal LC or heusinkveld sprints?

So, I have a csl elite base and pedal set without LC.

Im wondering whether I should buy the LC pedal for that csl or just go all out and buy heusinkveld sprints?

Is it going to be a massive leap in immersion/quality/laptimes etc?

should I go for it or be sensible and just buy the lc pedal?

Last edited:
Depends on your budget and end goal really.

people compare the clubsport v3s to sprints, and still give the sprints the better result, so it’ll be a leap from your csl’s, but depends on what you want, and if you have the disposable income

Upvote 0
If you have the cash to spare, go Heusinkveld. I have the -now discontinued- HE Pro's and they're an excellent piece of kit. Probably THE purchase that helped improving my lap times on any sim. Great customer service as well.

Upvote 0
I'm not going to list my troubles with the pedals, but I plan on upgrading from the CSLE with loadcell to the HE sprints. My primary reason for wanting to make the switch is dependability, the secondary reason is adjustability. The CSLEs can be dependable. There are a lot of people who had little to no trouble out of the pedal set. I wasn't so lucky though. Seeing that there is a ton of adjustments available for the HE Sprints, convinced me to save up for a set.

Upvote 0
This is obviously up to you. But don't go expecting better lap times just because of pedals. Better immersion, maybe, but pedals are more like a "don't throw me out of immersion because they suck" issue. And remember, a really good driver on horrible equipment would still likely kick your butt regardless of how expensive your equipment is.

I have the Sprints. They are just about universally recommended here, and I would recommend them too assuming they are comfortably in your budget. Don't risk putting yourself in financial stress over a hobby.

People like the load cells on Fanatec pedals a lot, and upgrading yours with that sounds like a good idea. I'd go with that if I were you. It should make quite a noticeable improvement while being an inexpensive upgrade compared to dumping your pedals for the Sprints. Save the Sprints for when you do a total makeover to a direct drive wheelbase, etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm not going to list my troubles with the pedals, but I plan on upgrading from the CSLE with loadcell to the HE sprints. My primary reason for wanting to make the switch is dependability, the secondary reason is adjustability. The CSLEs can be dependable. There are a lot of people who had little to no trouble out of the pedal set. I wasn't so lucky though. Seeing that there is a ton of adjustments available for the HE Sprints, convinced me to save up for a set.
Thanks mate! That helps!

Upvote 0
As stated above, don´t save on the bread for your kids ;)

On the other hand, if the money doesn´t hurt you, the Heusinkvelds are the better and longerlasting choice with really great customer support.
For most of us (except the really crazy ones) the Sprints would be the last pedal set they buy and use for the years to come.
In the unlikely case of a failure you will get parts/or exchange with the shortest turnaround time in the business.
( Just a feeling, I experienced only the HSV support which is "get the parts one day after sending your first mail" quick :thumbsup:)

MFG Carsten

Upvote 0
I have gone from using Logitech for years, to CSL LC for a couple years, to HE Sprints. If I were to do it again, I would have skipped the CSL LC and gone right to the Sprints. My friend has some V3 with the performance kit and I think the CSL LCs are just as good as the V3. The clutch is not as good on the CSLs but the throttle is better then the V3 in my opinion. Still, I had a handful of issues with them and it just got to be too much. Too many races where they would flake out. A few different issues too. When they worked, I thought they felt alright and were a big step up from the Logetech. However, when I finally gave up on them and got Sprints, I was blow away by how much better the Sprints where.

The biggest improvement in the experience from the Sprints is the brake is easier for me to modulate and come off the pedal smoothly for trail braking, making trail braking much much easier for me. I was never able to modulate the CLS LC very well. It felt alright squeezing into the pedal, but the releasing was not as smooth which is a big deal for my driving style. The throttle is so much smoother on the Sprints and being able to adjust the throw has helped make it easier for me to roll on the throttle. Maybe it is that I have been focused on improving in those two areas of my driving, but I feel like the Sprints have made it much easier to have precision and work on the small details to try and improve. I was working on the same things with the CSLs, but I struggled to be consistent and I thought the issue was all me. Of course the issue is me and a really fast driver on cheap gear will fly by me just like if he had top of the line gear, however, I feel like at my skill level, the nicer pedals have allowed me to have a bit better control which has helped make it easier to feel the small details I need to work on. Some of this is the adjustment available on the Sprints and being able to adjust the force and throw. Some of it is also the precision and a seemingly better built product that is just solid where it needs to be and super smooth through the range. It might not be perfectly fair comparing a well used set of CLS LCs to brand new Sprints, but damn... big difference for me.

Easy for me to spend your money, but I do think you may end up wanting the Sprints and wishing you had just gotten them sooner then later.

Upvote 1
Kinda late to the party, but I did the same as Clover 11, and have very similar opinions. Personally, I really liked the CSL Elites LC kit, but found them inferior for more than just build quality. By far, the CSL Elites are the most comfortable pedal set I've had. But the HE Sprints aren't uncomfortable by any means. However, my HE Sprints were significantly more supple in the actual output data. For example, I found it nearly impossible to get 5% throttle on the CSL's (hand or foot), but on the HE Sprints I can get that with my foot, repeatable. Obviously, there is no situation when I WANT 5%, but I feel like that is a reference of how well the pedals detect my movement.

Also, I was never able to be as consistent with the CSL Elites as the HE Sprints. I've always put it down to the fulcrum point on the CSL Elites being in such an odd position. Its possible that Fanatec is planning to ditch the odd placement so high on the lever arm. So it might be worth waiting if you choose to pass on the Sprints. But even if they don't, the odd placement is still 1000x better than the basic non load cell pedals. No comparison.

I'll be dead frank with you, the HE Sprints are the most happy purchase I've made in sim'ing. They are quite amazing, if only a little overpriced.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 81 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 314 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing