CSL DD mods.. adapted my push/pull and made a shaft cover

Push/pull thread (still on CSW2.5 there) for anyone interested in seeing more about it https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/diy-push-pull-rally-shifter.199295/#post-3352940

As per the title, here's some pics on CSL and the flush-look shaft cover I made since it looked like it skipped shaft day or had chicken leg without it :p

edit: Thingieverse link for shaft cover found here --> https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4966825

6BiQxCV.jpg

5lS8vSQ.jpg

Never skip shaft day...

MlgnLzm.jpg

5qEVEKn.jpg

qVhxDfA.jpg

Last edited:
Tis a much neater look though. The clamp seems a bit odd - non symmetrical, and a little bit like it's stuck on. Often squint too (shudder!)

Wheel and base look much better for the mod.

And... tighten the bolt as SGT says. Good work!

Upvote 0
Looking at this picture, I see that you did not apply enough torque to tighten the bolt.
When the bolt is tightened enough it should be almost at the same level of the clamp.
The recommended torque is 10 Newton meters.

rb8AXKI.jpg

Interesting, I'll have to check it with a torque wrench to see where the tip of mine rests at 10nm. My bolt is black and yours is silver, suggesting they might use different screws there so it's possible there are a few mm variance in thread length as well so I'll check that after torquing it. In the pic it's probably not too tight cause I was taking it on/off on the bench for pics but good to know.

Upvote 0
good morning

can you upload again or put an alternative link of the stl please, the current link does not work

Thank you
Current link doesn't work because scammer ebay and etsy sellers that first stole my design without crediting me and used my own pics of the massaged prototype (it's sanded smooth) to sell their knockoffs but even that wasn't low enough. One of them had the audacity to file a complaint to thingieverse that I'm violating their copyright protection cause apparently it's one of their best selling items.

Tried getting this sorted with thingieverse since I have timestamped pics and publically posted stuff like this thread that have earlier dates than their offerings and can prove the pics they're using are unequivically mine because it's mounted on my customized CSL DD but they have so far ghosted me.

It's been such an infuriating experience that has already taken a lot of energy to get nowhere and I don't think I'm ever going to publish a design on thingieverse ever again and have misgivings about sharing files for the time being.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ms--sorry unscrupulous people stole your work and are profiting from it.

Ebay and Etsy are part of the problem as I see it. They know exactly how many of your designs were sold on their platforms.

I thought there was a patent/IP lawyer on the forums. Hoping you get your credit due.

Upvote 0
Current link doesn't work because scammer ebay and etsy sellers that first stole my design without crediting me and used my own pics of the massaged prototype (it's sanded smooth) to sell their knockoffs but even that wasn't low enough. One of them had the audacity to file a complaint to thingieverse that I'm violating their copyright protection cause apparently it's one of their best selling items.

Tried getting this sorted with thingieverse since I have timestamped pics and publically posted stuff like this thread that have earlier dates than their offerings and can prove the pics they're using are unequivically mine because it's mounted on my customized CSL DD but they have so far ghosted me.

It's been such an infuriating experience that has already taken a lot of energy to get nowhere and I don't think I'm ever going to publish a design on thingieverse ever again and have misgivings about sharing files for the time being.
Sorry to hear about people ripping your design. I have a few creations that I wanted to share with users on this site without using a 3rd party site. After request one of the admins added STL as an attachable extension. So if you feel like sharing directly on this site it's an option.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 141 7.5%
  • < 5 years