cruise control

Hey all,

I just wanted to ask if there's any cruise control app for Assetto Corsa

The cruise control automatically maintains the speed of a car, so you don't have to hold the throttle all the time
I couldn't find anything like that

thank you.

To cruise around, holding a consistent speed cruising along with friends not being worried to slow down, so you just use your cruise control, and it holds your speed like every modern car has
Fair enough. That wouldn't be my cup of tea, personally. Apart from anything else, the roads in AC where you might want to cruise around with friends will surely have have corners now and then that aren't compatible with cruise control, no? IRL, I use cruise control on motorways/highways, not on country roads :)
I reckon there won't ever be a straightforward AC app to do this, because I'm pretty certain the AC app API doesn't permit any kind of control of the pedals. You'd probably need an AC app to feed car speed data to something like a virtual game controller which could combine the physical pedal and the cruise control inputs.

Honestly, while it might be a fun project to work on, I suspect the number of users of such a thing in a racing sim is probably in the "fingers of one hand" zone for the entire planet ;)

Fair enough. That wouldn't be my cup of tea, personally. Apart from anything else, the roads in AC where you might want to cruise around with friends will surely have have corners now and then that aren't compatible with cruise control, no? IRL, I use cruise control on motorways/highways, not on country roads :)
I reckon there won't ever be a straightforward AC app to do this, because I'm pretty certain the AC app API doesn't permit any kind of control of the pedals. You'd probably need an AC app to feed car speed data to something like a virtual game controller which could combine the physical pedal and the cruise control inputs.

Honestly, while it might be a fun project to work on, I suspect the number of users of such a thing in a racing sim is probably in the "fingers of one hand" zone for the entire planet ;)
i am finger number 2

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 88 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 71 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.3%
  • < 5 years