Crowdfund StockV8 side mirror fix? :)

hi guys,
I will paypal someone a couple of bucks if they can tell me how to fix the stupid side mirrors!?! It really bothers me but I have not found a fix. I have my VFOV set at 38 in the StockV8 and the side mirrors just point perpendicular to my car,which of course, is of no use to me. I have tried messing with the Shift+Seat Adj keys and it does not adjust the mirrors enough.

my side mirrors look just like EB's video below. Can anyone assist! Thank you!

because of this ive enable alternat rear look (press left/right look at once, and taken away rear car objects i the mirror. (so when you look back you dont see just the back of the seat. Personally i think iracing has the best mirrors moving/customization in any sims.

because of this ive enable alternat rear look (press left/right look at once, and taken away rear car objects i the mirror. (so when you look back you dont see just the back of the seat. Personally i think iracing has the best mirrors moving/customization in any sims.

Doesn't it drive you crazy that all you have grass and guard rails whizzing past you in the side mirrors? I agree with you on iRacing...this seems like a slam dunk to me but I am sure its more complicated than I am insinuating.

Give this a try, not really better just a different compromise within the limits of the engine.

Stock Car V8 Cockpit View Concept by Gringo

Download StockV8_cpit_veiw_concept.zip

Copy the two files "mirror.bmp" and "stock_cp_mirrors.gmt" to GameData\Vehicles\ folder, and make the following variable edits

I designed this cockpit viewpoint and rearview using 3440x1080 monitor with 40 deg FOV.

Code:
YourPlayer.plr

[ Graphic Options ]

Rearview="1" // 0=Off, 1=Center and Side, 2=Center only, 3=Side only (virtual mirrors only, in-car mirrors are on/off)

Rearview Width="64.00000"
Rearview Height="14.00000"

Seat Adjustment Aft="0.00000"
Seat Adjustment Up="0.00000"
Mirror Adjustment Horizontal="0.00000"
Mirror Adjustment Vertical="0.00000"

Moving Rearview="3" // Whether mirrors respond to head movement in cockpit (0=none, 1=position-only, 2=FOV-only, 3=both) - add 4 if you want to IGNORE head-tracking movement
Rearview_Front_Clip="1.50000" // Front plane distance for mirror (0.0 = use default for scene)

Self In Cockpit Rearview="1" // add values for any that should be visible (0=none): 1=rear wing & wheels, 2=body & susp, 4=cockpit, 8=steering wheel (15=all)

------------------------------------------------

StockV8_2014_cockpitinfo.ini and/or StockV8_cockpitinfo.ini

Eyepoint=(0.391, 0.775, 0.565)        // Driver eyepoint (cockpit view only) ( LEFT/-RIGHT, UP/-DOWN, BACK/-FORWARD)

MirrorPos=(0.00, 0.850, -1.450)

You can tweak the views with the seat/mirror controls to your liking.

Be sure to try 0,0 for the seat and mirror positions to get the intended effect.

Cheers

Last edited:
Probably this edit you missed.

StockV8_2014_cockpitinfo.ini and/or StockV8_cockpitinfo.ini

Eyepoint=(0.391, 0.775, 0.565) // Driver eyepoint (cockpit view only) ( LEFT/-RIGHT, UP/-DOWN, BACK/-FORWARD)

MirrorPos=(0.00, 0.850, -1.450)

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 316 27.7%