CREWCHIEF in RACE07

• Thread starter Deleted member 13397
  • Start date
Renamed the rfactor.exe to AMS.exe.
Do not think there are a difference with Crew chief or Simhub. But since I never use rfactor but often AMS it is easier with Crew Chief.
Also easier to find in the folder.

You can also created an Batch file in notepad

@Echo off
start Ams.exe
Start race_Steam,exe

Save it with any name you want and save it as ALL FILES
An example
Race 07_crew_chief.bat

You can then make a shortcut and start it all from the desktop

Only known about this for a couple of days and it is easy to forget to start the rfactor.exe/ AMS.exe first

I doubt they even know about this?
lets just hope they look into upgrade the AMS/ Rfactor1 part of Crew chief to what The Iron Wolf have made with Gtr2.
But people wants AMS2/ ACC and the interest in the old gmotor 2 games are unfortunately low.

I guess when people say 'physics beats graphics'.
They talk about themself not racing sim's :roflmao:

• Deleted member 13397

rumors say, they do not work at rf1stuff at CC, so as long they dont change the interface for rf1, it will work

i contacted the guys from CC, but there are pretty busy with other stuff

still, anybody with c# knowledge can do it for us (CC code is at GitLab)

Renamed the rfactor.exe to AMS.exe.
Do not think there are a difference with Crew chief or Simhub. But since I never use rfactor but often AMS it is easier with Crew Chief.
Also easier to find in the folder.

You can also created an Batch file in notepad

@Echo off
start Ams.exe
Start race_Steam,exe

Save it with any name you want and save it as ALL FILES
An example
Race 07_crew_chief.bat

You can then make a shortcut and start it all from the desktop

Only known about this for a couple of days and it is easy to forget to start the rfactor.exe/ AMS.exe first

Modified the bat for my other installs, this is my GTR evo version:

@Echo off
cd "%~dp0\..\race 07\"
start rfactor.exe
Start r07_tweaks.exe
cd..
cd "%~dp0\..\race 07 GTR\"
Start race_Steam.exe

Last edited:
It works quite well. Unfortunately, if you play the Championship mode the plugin seems to pick up the first AI that game loads, not the player (which the game loads last) so the Crew Chief is actually an AI's crew chief.

Last edited:
I have made some experiments with replacing the Race07 pit sounds with sounds from Crew Chief, and it works well so far. I had to disable a few sounds that are included in crew chief so they are not played at the same time.
This way I can have yellow flags, damage warnings, and some pit messages in the same voice in game :thumbsup:

I have made some experiments with replacing the Race07 pit sounds with sounds from Crew Chief, and it works well so far. I had to disable a few sounds that are included in crew chief so they are not played at the same time.
This way I can have yellow flags, damage warnings, and some pit messages in the same voice in game

Not sure how fare you got but I did nearly all yesterday just missing a couple that there wasn't that that easy to find anything that made sense.
As you said pretty cool to have all in same voice. :)
Will make an upload here when done.

• Deleted member 13397

unfortunatly, all work to find a clever solution for the championship & yellow flag problem was fruitless
so in solving the CHAMPIONSHIP events problem, i took a shortcut.
by starting the PLUGIN with an argument, it works by thinking, the PLAYER car is the last one loaded
with out Arguments, the PlugIn works in first car mode

you find the PLUGIN at the RACE07 blog

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 364 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%