Creating season on spreadsheet

How do you do a season on a spreadsheet so that it calculates and sorts points and sorts drivers? Or is there a better and easier program out there? Know basic spreadsheet. :p

Edit: Got it. Spreadsheets...Totally over complicated.

Last edited:
David.. This spread sheet you've created is amazing!!

I am having one problem where the +/- points are used to rank the drivers and fails to include the actual race points.

How do I correct this? I am using a User submitted points system, FL & PP bonuses and the +/- column.

Hi Brinkerhoff

I'm not sure I understand the problem fully. The sheet should be using the race points plus any additional points (Bonus, FL, PP) to determine the final standings, if it isn't, then I can only presume you've found another error. I can't replicate this atm, could you provide an example for me to look at?

I need to apologise to Jon, as I've not completed the work on the large scale sheet I promised. I gave up with the idea of utilising the first/second half season tables, as it became messy and set about simply adding additional race slots. However, real life has rather taken over and what little spare time I have these days tends to get spent doing a bit of sim driving. I will get it completed at some time though.

I don't know whether this would be any use to you Paul. I created it to record my GPL 69 season a while back and then just kept adding to it. Feel free to mess around with it if you wish. Note that it's actually an xlsm file (the xls version is too big), but I've had to change the extension to xls to be able to upload it. Just change the file extension back to xlsm to use.
This post is 12 years old but I cant see the spreadsheet to download

Hi barnett

I haven't looked at this for a long time. In fact, I haven't even done any sim racing for the last 6 months. There are still attachments on the last post on page 2. Note that the Excel files are in xlsx format and you'll need to change the extension after downloading. The ods file needs to have the extension changed to ods.

I did actually work on a supersized version with 66 race slots, but have not had the time to finish it completely. It is available if anyone wants to try it out though. I'm taking partial retirement next year and may have a chance to look at it further at some time then.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 86 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 62 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 69 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 42 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 13.8%