Creating (or downloading) race series in rFactor 2.

Hi all,

I've been sim racing for years and have had RF2 since launch.
I've downloaded lots of mods via Steam and this site.
I only ever play solo - never online.

What I was wondering is if there are any 'Series' races you can download, whereby you can race in different cars at different tracks - as you would in games/sims such as Assetto Corsa, Project Cars or FORZA etc, or if you have to set them up manually in RF2.

I thought I'd downloaded several 'Series' events, but nothing shows up in my choices of race events - even with 'All Cars & Tracks' selected. All I can ever do is choose one car and one track and do one race at a time.

All mods are succesfully installed.
Am I missing something, or is this just the way RF2 works? Is it more focussed on multiplayer than it is single player 'Career' modes?

Many thanks and a very Merry Christmas to all.

I'm not aware of any series or events you can download as such and there's no career mode. You can create your own events tho but I'd advise against it.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=554544322

There's no value in doing this. It doesn't work as an actual career mode nor you get awarded points. It just groups together cars and tracks you choose but the main downside is when a track or car gets updated, the events don't, so you end up with tons of duplicates in game and it can become a mess pretty quickly.

You can create offline championships via Log Analyzer. You can visit the official forum thread if you want to learn more about how to do this, or like me, you can use a simple tool like Excel.

A lot of us are waiting for the new UI expected in Q1 2019 which will most likely change some of this for the better.

OK MPortnoy - thanks very much for the reply.
So as a solo player, I'm stuck with doing single races in just one car choice?
I'm sure rFactor (1) had series and all sorts of other things like that, but I haven't played it for a long time, so could be wrong.
Happy Christmas to you and yours.

Not sure what you mean by "just one car choice". I mean, you can race against any different types of cars as AI and do also multiclass races if you want by selecting them in the opponents filter of the session settings. But yes, you can only do single races atm.
Merry Christmas to you too.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 267 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 176 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 179 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 132 7.6%
  • < 5 years