Creating my Own Simhub Dash Display Unit

Hi All,

I'm currently printing my own Dash Display Unit with integrated REV lights. It's designed to use the Amazon Fire HD 8 tablet, with 5 banks of WS2812B led's. It's a bit of a mash together of things, but the housing has mounts in it for attachment to Fanatec CSW2.5 or the DD1/2 units.

Normally I'm just a silent member, but I'm curious if anyone has any interest in something like this, for me to spend more time on the files before posting them?

I mostly have been playing ACC - using the awesome dashes by Ensi Ferrum. The lights are individually addressable through Simhub. The tablet is running the simhub app... I've attached a picture of the back of the table sitting in the mount. I know the aqua blue is very race car... it's all the PLA I had lying around...

IMG_2081.jpg

If nobody is interested, I shall return to the shadow realm.

Regards,
Paul

I like it! I am looking for something like this for a 4.3” Nextion screen and RGBs to mount to a SimLab front mount. Basically a DIY version of the pricey Precision Sim Engineering DDU.

Upvote 0
So while I waited for my official Adafruit Neopixel Sticks (all the other clones unfortunately vary in dimensions greatly) - reprinted the case in black PLA. After a bit of time in Simhub - I have a working DDU. Hard to see from pictures, but I attached a few more. 40 LED's in total... The sides are used for Slip and various track flags (blue, yellow, black etc.) The top 24 LEDS are used for RPM's, pit lane etc.

Might move it to another mount towards the back of the DD1, as when I use a full round wheel rather than the F1 or custom GT3 style wheel - half the screen is blocked.

Again, if anyone wants the files - I can provide them to you. Pretty simple to put together and get running.

IMG_2118.JPG

IMG_2119.JPG
IMG_2120.JPG

Upvote 0
I love this. I have an iPad mini. But I’d gladly pay for a complete enclosure for it with lights only needing a small opening for power cord to access the iPad. Also mounting to either aluminum profile or the direct drive will be awesome. But this is killer!!

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 362 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing