Creating Mas-files with Mas-utility?

As written by FerrariMan96.

Mas files are fairly easy.

All you need to do is:
- download ISI's MAS tool (I assume you have already done that :))
- Open the MAS tool and Import all of the textures (you can make this easier by sorting the files by 'file type' and highlighting all the textures of one type, eg DDSs... import... BMPs... import etc.)
- Once that's done, people generally save/export it as TEXTURES.MAS, <<YOURTRACK>>MAPS.MAS or <<YOURTRACK>>_TEXTURES.MAS
- Do the same for all of the .GMT files, and again, people generally save/export it as MODELS.MAS, <<YOURTRACK>>.MAS or <<YOURTRACK>>_MODELS.MAS
- As a safety measure, at this point I add all of the files to a Zip, 7Zip or RAR file and put it on my desktop, Incase I missed a file or two.
- Delete all image and model files that you added to the MAS archives, leaving behind the .AIW, .CAM, .GDB, .SCN and .TDF files, of course as well as the two .MAS archives.
- Open up the .scn file and find the lines which start with "MASFile=".
- Enter two new lines - "MASFile=<<Your texture MAS file>>" and "MASFile=<<Your models MAS file>>", eg "MASFile=MODELS.MAS" and "MASFile=TEXTURES.MAS"

Now start up rFactor and see if it works!

If you have I or two models or textures missing, as rFacotr will tell you, open up the MAS tool again, open the appropriate .MAS file and add the missing files.

Another question: Some *.scr files point at *.mas files while they are in- or outside the track folder.
This is how the files look like. First Barcelona, the example i have copied. Then my own *.Scr file. And third the result....
example1.JPG example2.JPGexample3.JPG

Where do i make a mistake?

Tried it 2 times, but i think i am missing something. Making somewhere a mistake.
The rFactor map structure is simple:

HZClubv1000 (exported with this name)
and in this map:
Clubcircuit (map) and sky.mas

After this i first added all the texture files in the "textures.mas" (dds/jpg/bmp/tga) and then the gmt files into Clubcircuit.mas.
Then i added the lines Masfile=*.mas in the *.scr file.
Maybe i am making the mistake after this in the Map structure.

Yes. it did work. And i finaly succeeded to get the track working with mas-files..
I don't know what i did differently than the last time. But maybe it was a conflict with textures. I deleted a bridge i build in sketchup. And now it works.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 108 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 202 14.9%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 384 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 521 38.3%