F1 2021 Creating liveries for existing teams in the F1 2021 (F1 22)

F1 2021 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey,
I know I might be a bit late, however, I expect the modding to be similar in F1 22, so it still matters to me. I have been into creating modded liveries for F1 2021 for a while now. So far, I have mainly created helmets, MyTeam cars and driver suits. I know how to create and import these into the game. However, for existing teams, I haven't really found out in which format I have to save/export car designs. Yes, ERP obviously, but seemingly it requires a certain setting for it to render correctly in game. Up to now, the 'paint' file never really showed and has mostly been white, although I coloured it. It has been really frustrating to figure out and on YouTube you only find tutorials that explain the process with MyTeam cars.
I would be grateful, if someone could help me out.

Hey,
I know I might be a bit late, however, I expect the modding to be similar in F1 22, so it still matters to me. I have been into creating modded liveries for F1 2021 for a while now. So far, I have mainly created helmets, MyTeam cars and driver suits. I know how to create and import these into the game. However, for existing teams, I haven't really found out in which format I have to save/export car designs. Yes, ERP obviously, but seemingly it requires a certain setting for it to render correctly in game. Up to now, the 'paint' file never really showed and has mostly been white, although I coloured it. It has been really frustrating to figure out and on YouTube you only find tutorials that explain the process with MyTeam cars.
I would be grateful, if someone could help me out.
Sponsor decal need an alpha layer, all the rest is the same as the FOM car

Hmm, still doesn't work. I have the paint file set to Color and BC7 8bpp Fine (sRGB, DX11+) and the decal file set to Color + Alpha and BC7 8bpp Fine (sRGB, DX11+). Do you have an idea, what I am doing wrong here?
1653583680877.jpeg

Hmm, still doesn't work. I have the paint file set to Color and BC7 8bpp Fine (sRGB, DX11+) and the decal file set to Color + Alpha and BC7 8bpp Fine (sRGB, DX11+). Do you have an idea, what I am doing wrong here?
View attachment 569674
To create an alpha, isnt just select the dds save format, you have to create an alpha on the decal itself. on the alpha, set the ''invisible part'' in black, and the decals in white. Hard to explain by text, but you surely find out any tutorial about how to create an alpha layer on your files.

But basically on the place to see the R G and B layer of your files at the bottom right window of photoshop, you should able to add it with the same icon at the bottom of the same window. So a layer below RGB layer will appear, then, CTRL+click on the decal layer, to select only the painted area, return to your alpha layer and paint it in white. Then save it

Last edited:
look like this because the alpha is selected, but if you reselect your normal layer, will be appear again and will be kind of reddish, so its normal
No, I meant in game. I have saved it this way and imported it into the game. And yeah, the sponsors show on the car like they should, but the paint file is not showing correctly. It is supposed to look green and black, but its just white and a very light version of the green. Still looks like the car in the photo I sent earlier. Do I have to change any other layer, so that the color will appear on the car correctly?
haas paint.dds @ 16.7% (RGB_8) 28_05_2022 14_30_56.png

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 80 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 314 27.8%