Creating Engine Sound

Hi, I'm tunning a kart mod to make a new mod for shifter karts 125cc (KZ1 and KZ2), so I have a real shifter kart, and I want to record the sound and put on rFactor.

I have a lot of experience with sound processing (I make electronic music for last 12 years), no problem on record and processing. But I don't know where are the sounds on a mod, and where I can put, and tunning it

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

I don't know how to do the sounds (I'd actually like to know myself, for the same reasons but for a Yamaha KT100J), but when you start releasing pictures or betas of your mod, let me know. :biggrin:

Save them as .wav files in the sound folder, link the sounds to your mod using the .sfx file in the Vehicles folder. The tricky bit is getting the
NaturalRPM right and making sure they overlap correctly.

Ok, I will try first with my diesel car :D I think all is about fine tunning the the sounds like the strings on a guitar, more perfect tunning, better general sound. I will try to record a lot of samples.

Only I have a doubt to record samples and it is how to mantain full trhottle and mantain revs at for example 5000RPM.... so I think the edit later the sound to mantain the tune in the same harmonical achord, and that can be te most dificult work

Thanks for the answer.

Nathan Dunnett, I don't know if I will release at some point, so I don't have too much expectatives on rFactor can simulate in a realistic way a kart

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 334 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 225 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 170 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 289 13.4%