creating AI line, replay question and driver model

Alen Pecanin

Premium
Hey guys! I’ve got 3 questions that I can’t find the answer for, and maybe some of the knowledge or settings have changed over time, so I’m making a new thread.

Many years ago I was asked to make an AI Line for the AI on a new track that was modded and about to be released. I did it and the AI was quick and had super lines. My question is: what values and parameters get stored when I’m recording the one out lap, hot lap and in lap? How will my AI line in a front wheel driven front drive car affect AI cars with a mid engine or rear engine cars? Will they brake just as late, and same amount? same amount of trail braking? If I take a formula car for recording and brake mega late, will other AI cars be mental and brake just as late as me in the formula car? Or is it all just about the driving line? Do they adjust the throttle and braking on the line that you record?

I have driver model and arms disabled when racing in VR, I don’t need to see fake hands when I have my own now I haven’t recorded replays in months, when driver arms are disabled, is that just for cockpit view in-game. Will the driver appear with his arms in full replays?

CSP, SOL and other extra effects impact VR a lot. So I don’t have everything set to maximum. It’s about mid settings now. If I race on medium graphics setting and have replay Recording quality On low or medium. Will graphics be bumped back to maximum when I disable VR and turn everything on maximum when I want to watch the replay later on ?
Like, can I play on medium settings and record medium quality, and make it maximum later on when watching? Or do I have to race and record with maximum settings, to watch it that way?

On 1, it just uses the line you take to do its calculations. So choice of car can affect the ideal line (and how effective the AI is), but it's not taking braking points or anything from what you do.

Replays just store car track position, no graphics settings.

On 1, it just uses the line you take to do its calculations. So choice of car can affect the ideal line (and how effective the AI is), but it's not taking braking points or anything from what you do.

Replays just store car track position, no graphics settings.

Great, so I can even play on low/medium on the rift for example? Then blast everything on maximum when viewing replay on single monitor?
What about the replay quality setting we can chose? How does this affect the replay?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 244 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%