crashing to desk top.

Since the new UI, I have the game repeatedly crashing to desktop. How do I fix this problem....
I don't know without more information. When does it crash? Are there any error messages? Are you using any mods or plugins? Have you checked the video config first? (You should do this at least the first time you start each day, the information randomly gets lost) Ensure your video card is correctly chosen and the screen rez and refresh rate. Do not choose auto or Microsoft.

I wonder if we are getting the same error. I get a C++ Runtime Error (a dialog box pops up with: "R6025, pure virtual function call") whenever I tried running the last build which included the new UI.

I switched back to the old UI and it works just fine. I had tried previous beta versions of the new UI and strongly prefer the old one still anyways.

Bought rFactor 2 from Steam christmas discount and also few DLCs but game crash all the time to desktop so I unistalled game and continue racing with AMS2 and iRacing.

Such old title and works that bad, not good at all :-(

RTX 3080
Valve Index

• Deleted member 379375

Yeah but on the up side the FFB is superb :)
Not that I am bitter about wasting my money on it or anything :)

Last edited by a moderator:
My issue seems to be with Steam VR - everytime I load rF2 it stops working. It's never happened before.
Have a similar problem with SteamVR. Since the newest build of RF2 is has stopped working three times while playing.

I like the new UI but the latest build is a mess

Perhaps that's an issue with SteamVR itself then, worth finding out as that app is known to be temperamental from time to time with many VR games.

Perhaps that's an issue with SteamVR itself then, worth finding out as that app is known to be temperamental from time to time with many VR games.
Maybe, but i think the problem came with the latest build (maybe has to do with avoiding flickering). Only showing the UI my RTX 3090 has GPU frametimes of 15 ms. On track evrything is fine as before but a soon as the UI comes up, the frametimes increases massive. Replays or watching other cars in the left small window is stuttering now.

Game keeps crashing back to desktop. I would run a full 30min practice at 48x so 24hr at Daytona. That would run smooth. I would go into quali for 15 mins and with 5 or 6 mins left the game would crash back to desktop. i have no clue what to do. I verified files twice and everything was good.

i7 7700k
1070ti
Playing on a single 50" tv.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 154 10.0%
  • < 4 years