Crashes at the settings menu

Dave_6

Premium
I was going to try this out with the new update and my OSW but every time I click the settings menu the game crashes out to the desktop. Anyone else had this happen? I tried verifying the files but that didn't help.

Unfortunately not in my case. Got a feeling it has something to do with multiple USB devices but I don't have anything I can unplug. Sucks cause I was really wanting to play it this weekend.

Well that didn't fix it. Guess I'll wait for another patch.

You're right - it's about having more than x number of controllers connected (where x is a number I can't remember off the top of my head).

Anything you can temporarily unplug? Anything you don't use directly for Wreckfest? If so, unplug it, run the game, sort your settings then plug whatever device back in later.

PITA but at least you'd be able to play.

I have 5 devices at a minimum that have to be plugged in. My OSW, Fanatec GT2 wheel, pedals, shifter and wireless keyboard. I think a problem before the last update was an issue with 4 or more devices so maybe there is still a problem when more than that are plugged up.

You could try to trick it and only plug in 2 of them at the same time, configure these 2 and then unplug them and do the next 2.
Afaik it saves the buttons etc so you wouldn't have to enter the settings with them all plugged in. Worth a try?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 367 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 510 39.0%