F1 2010 Crash To Desktop

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey,
I played F1 2010 today and in the middle of a race it froze for a few seconds and then kicked me back to the desktop with the standard message "f12010.exe is not working blah blah".
This happened in lap 6 at Monza. Every time I try to finish this race it crashes. Sometimes in lap 6, sometimes in a different random lap but I never got further than lap 6.

This happened to me before at Istanbul and after a few days (and around 100 tries) it did not happen anymore. Now I don't want to try Monza that often just for a bad result (starting as 21st). Did anyone have a similar problem? I already tried it with the .exe from a fresh install and with a fixed .exe but nothing seems to work.

I followed a thread from the Codemasters forum as i was having loads of CTD's - basically look in "system" folder of the game and edit (using notepad++) the config.xml file (might be hardwareconfig.xml), changing "force dx9=false" to "true" - it did seem to help my problem to some degree, although i still get crashes to desktop, but they are less frequent.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back