Crash on 'Return to Garage'

H

hamsternator

• hamsternator

Hi all,

First post here as I've recently acquired both a G25 and GTR Evolution, be gentle! :)

I have a problem in GTR Evo whereby any event (qualifying, race, practice etc) will crash to the desktop (with the MiniDump message) upon selecting Esc -> Return to Garage. I was hoping that some other forum members may have experienced this and could point to a solution? The game is the offline version, and it's a fresh install with no mods, or custom skins or anything.

Apologies if this is a frequently asked question - I did my best to search all previously posted threads for an answer but I cannot find anything relevant.

Thanks in advance for your time.

• hamsternator

Hi Mike,

Yeah, the first thing I checked for was a patch. Installed that (94MB!!) but alas, the crashes still occur.

Has anybody else experienced this?

• hamsternator

That's a good point! I shall go away and get the latest drivers. I'm running it on a 6600GT (so it can't take too many of the fancy special effects!).

Will see if that remedies it and report back. Cheers.

That's a good point! I shall go away and get the latest drivers. I'm running it on a 6600GT (so it can't take too many of the fancy special effects!).

Will see if that remedies it and report back. Cheers.

I think that may well be your problem mate, I had a 6600GT and I think you're lucky to get into the game as it wouldn't even start for me using that card. The minimum card for Evo is really a 6800.

Craig

• hamsternator

I've now tried updating to the latest video card driver and still no luck! GTR crashes at exactly the same point, when selecting 'Return to Garage'.

What's frustrating is that when I google for the same problem, I can see that some people over at Race Sim Central have discussed it on their forums - but I can't see the solution because their site is down for refurbishment! :(

• daRock

Have you just tried to setup the MoTeC capability? Because when you've got it turned on in your .plr file, but don't have the rest of the settings correct, you CTD when going back to the garage. That's when the code is accessed to save a new MoTeC session. So that's when you'll get the CTD if the location isn't correct in your parameters.

There should be plenty of threads that show the correct setup for MoTeC around here.

• hamsternator

Have you just tried to setup the MoTeC capability? Because when you've got it turned on in your .plr file, but don't have the rest of the settings correct, you CTD when going back to the garage. That's when the code is accessed to save a new MoTeC session. So that's when you'll get the CTD if the location isn't correct in your parameters.

There should be plenty of threads that show the correct setup for MoTeC around here.

Hi,

I have not tried that, no. But it will be the first thing I attempt when I get in tonight, so thanks!

I did have a quick look at the MoTec settings in the .plr file though, and as Data Logging was set to '0', i.e. don't do it, I figured that the other settings would make no difference.

Again, I'll toddle off and let you know how I get on. Thanks again.

• hamsternator

Hi guys,

I've now tried setting up MoTeC properly and still no luck. Installed the pro version, made sure all the settings in my PLR file were correct, but I still get the crash to desktop.

A long shot - but does anyone else have any ideas that I could try, no matter how daft they seem??

Well, the only thing I can think of is that you might be over taxing your system.

I play with very high graphic settings, which is fine most of the time, but if I load a full grid of 25 cars at Nords, I get the same thing you are describing: CTD, usually when trying to go back to garage.

Can you give us your system specs and what graphic settings you use?

Hey nice one daRock this one worked for me :woop:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 237 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 165 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.5%
  • < 5 years