Crash/freeze when ESC during session

Peevee88

Premium
A waste of a morning trying to get AMS to work - you would think that 5 generations down the raod this thing would be plug&play
Beta AMS and GSCE work fine
This public AMS version that dropped onto my steam was wonky out the box.
First Widescreen UI did not work
Controller settings despite being saved - disappear.
Then when I get on track and want to go into pits (hit ESC normally) screen goes black and sounds remainas does (hud see screengrab) but goes nowhere.
Have to force quit which also does not even work - thus gotta hit the restart button on PC
A dozen times of this cr@p with tweaks here and there to graphics settings but nothing seems to resolve this and I now come here to seek advice and compassion....
Any ideas?

Attachments

• AMS 2016-03-05 15-13-28-42.jpg
    AMS 2016-03-05 15-13-28-42.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 318
Typical!
Moaned on here, then re-installed everything from scratch and it is working.
Moral of the story: if AMS does not work out the box - step1 moan on here, step2 reinstall, step3 eat humble pie
:thumbsup:

Good you got it working!
And please don't forget it is still Early Access… If we tend to forget it, maybe it is because it is already not so bad out of the box! ;) Reiza is still working hard to resolve the issues that some are facing.

FYI if you get the black screen when ESC is pressed in game press and hold ALT & tap TAB until you get back to the program (AMS) and it will bring it back for you ( does for me anyway )

My game freezes/crashes too sometimes. But so rarely that can't be bothered to reinstall. At least I'll wait for 1.0 version incase it's something that will be fixed.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 202 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.7%