Crackling, static annoying sound noise

Hello guys, I have a very annoying static, crackling issue with a number of cars includings the new BMW Class 1 since I purchase the game years ago. I thought that was only with old cars but the new BMW Class 1 has it. Also in this particular car I notice another strange sound even if the engine is off, sort of metal friction or anything. I can hear hit very much in the pit engine off.

My number of sound effect is set to 64 so it's not the previous bug of effect set to 1 for whatever reason.

I found an old post on the forum but with no response, including this video which we can hear the little static, cut noise when the car upshift or hit curbs.

Am I the only one to notice that? It ruins my immersion despite the fact I love to do hotlap in rFactor 2 like any other games.

Here the video which resume the issue :

Thanks in advance to all of readers which can help me with this.

Last edited:
Good to hear that I'm not the only one to ear these clicks. I also have high end headphones, I tried with good quality stuff including external amplifier, Airpods, cheap in ear headset and I hear it all the time so... Very annoying in game I hear it pretty loud.

Last edited:
I had similar problems. After I unchecked "enable audio enhancements" in windows, the problem stopped, together with some graphical issues and freezes I had.

Speakers Properties.PNG

Last edited:
I heard the tiniest of clicks at the end of rough surfaces like the curbing. Certainly not very apparent, I had to really listen to hear it...of course I'm already half deaf so who knows how bad it really sounded.

I had similar problems. After I unchecked "enable audio enhancements" in windows, the problem stopped, together with some graphical issues and freezes I had.

View attachment 514911
Thank you for this but still same issue with or without this option checked.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 377 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%